Jason Grace

There I was. Praetor of Rome. I took orders from none. My father, Jupiter, is King of the Gods. But, hunting Graecus thugs was one of my specialties. I annihilated Kronos's Throne, and am destined to be the Original Slayer of Encleadus, Secondary Slayer of Polybotes, and the Primary Slayer of King Porhpyrion, King of the Giants. But, I am a child of Rome, a Roman praetor trained by goddess Lupa herself. The same Lupa who raised the founders of Rome, Romolus and Revis. Can't remember the names. Ima demigod. ADHD. Can't recall details.

Here I am, flying over Albuquerque, New Mexico at night. Tacos filled the air, and music was playing, classic Latino music outside cafés. I suppose, even though I fight against Gaea, I am quite a bad boy. Yet everyone sees me as too perfect.

I unsheated my imperial gold coin, Ivlivs. It can transform into a double bladed gold gladius, a regular gold sword, and a gold pilum. A Roman mix between a spear and a lance. Too perfect. Huh. If only they saw me do this. I flipped the coin and it turned into a gold gladius. I used the power of Jupiter and shot white hot electricity through the blade at one of the empty tables of the café.

I strapped it to my back under my cape and descended. 5th Avenue. I flew into a machinery shop called, ESPERANZA'S REPAIR AND AUTO. Esperanza, as in Leo's mother. I walked in. I strolled up to the counter. "May I speak to Leo Valdez..." I glanced at his name tag. "Damien?" "He's out. Busy kid. Always building something." A cool looking kid with long black curly hair, a tattered greased shirt, suspenders, a tool belt with a battlehammer, black ripped jeans, and workboots walked in. "Hey Damien, I'm back." He nodded at me. "Sup." Jason pointed his finger. "You! Freeze!"