Chapter 13

I decided I would tell Beau over dinner, I wanted it to be a nice night. So I called ''Belissimo" a really nice Italian restaurant, to make reservations.

They day flew past, I think I did pretty good on my history exam so I was quite happy. My stomach was really churning as the minutes ticked past, I was so nervous.

I sent Beau a text to let him know, tonight was important.

"Hey Beau, it's Kelsie here. Meet me at Belissimo at 6, we're going for dinner!x"

He replied five minutes later,

"Hey babe, good idea, can't wait to see you. X"

"Awh, you two are so cute!" Carrie exclaimed as she watched me smile at his reply.

"Shut up Car!" I laughed.

On Friday nights my curfew was 8pm, which was quite late for me! I have George to thank for that, he made Susan let me out till eight because I needed 'a social life' according to him. I bet it was killing Susan to see me out having fun.

When I was at home, I started to get ready. I put on a cute, plain, light blue dress. It came to my mid-thigh, I draped a long, gold, owl necklace around my neck. I put on a few gold bracelets and did my brown hair in a messy, side fishtail plait. I put on my make-up and I was ready to go. I slipped on my wedges with gold straps.

I had got a taxi to the restaurant and when I got out I saw Beau waiting outside the restaurant on his phone.. He was wearing a black trousers, a white shirt and a black tie. Oh my god, he was so good-looking.

"Hey!" I waved at him.

"Wow, Kel. You look beautiful!" He looked me up and down.

"Thank you, not looking bad yourself!" I winked.

I couldn't control the butterflies in my stomach as we walked into the restaurant. I was going to tell him when we were eating so it would be a slight distraction from the whole thing.

He opened the door for me and put his hand on my lower back, walking into the place. There was beautiful Italian music on, it was busy. But I had reserved a table for two, upstairs beside the window over-looking the city. It was a bit more expensive but it was worth it.

When we were sitting down, the young waitress came over to take our orders. I saw her looking at Beau, I would of said something but I didn't because I can't blame her for looking at him, he's gorgeous!

"Yeah, I'll have the steak, cooked medium, the sautéed potatoes and the vegetables." he said, clearing his throat.

"I'll have the Chicken Caesar Salad please." I said

"Oh, and we'll have a bottle of wine with that too." Beau chipped in.

"You're 18 next week Kel, your allowed to have wine now" he laughed as the waitress walked away.

We chatted for a while, I was trying to take my mind of what I had to tell him. It was so weird that I was carrying his daughter or son and he had no idea.

Our dinners came and we dug in, sipping the wine. I put down my knife and fork and cleared my throat. I took a deep breath.

"Beau." I said, my hands shaking.

"Yeah?" He said, meeting my eyes.

"I need to tell you something."

"What's wrong Kel?" He asked.

"I'm.. I'm.. I'm pregnant." I said, my voice wobbling.

"It's mine?" He asked, shocked.

"Yeah, it's yours."

"I'm going to be a dad?"

I nodded, scared of his reaction. A wide grin spread across his face. "I'm going to be a dad!" He shouted in the quiet restaurant. I laughed at his reaction, I was so happy he took it well.

He reached over the table and pulled me into a big bear hug, spilling his wine over him on the way. I started to cry with all the emotions going through me, Beau held me tight and told me everything was going to be alright.

The rest of the night went really well, we talked mainly about the baby and stuff related to that. I felt so much weight off my shoulders after telling him. It was 7.30pm and we had finished eating. We went halves on the meal, which I insisted on because Beau wanted to pay for the full thing but I wouldn't let him. We got in the got in the taxi and I realised how tired I was. When I said bye to Beau, he insisted on paying for the taxi so I agreed to this one. He kissed me goodbye before I shut the taxi door. I stood at the end of my driveway, waving him off.