Chapter 9

The school bell brought me out of my daydream, groups of girls and guys started to spill out the doors of the school, I kept an eye out for the girls. I saw a flash of red and I knew it was Carrie, soon enough Carrie, Rachel and Amanda neared the gates. I waved frantically until they saw me, they saw me a ran over.

"Where were you Kelsie?!" Carrie asked me with worry in her eyes.

"I was with Beau.." I mumbled.

"I was so worried, I'm so happy your safe!" She said while hugging me, "So you and Beau are all okay now yeah?"

"We're more than okay.."

"What?" The three of them chorused.

I explained what was said and that we kissed. They were shocked but really happy for me, we chatted about it most of the way home. When the bus slowed down and stopped, Rach and Amanda said goodbye and they got off. Carrie gets off in 3 stops and I get off in 4.

"Carrie.. Me and Beau didn't just kiss"

"What do you mean?" She asked, her eyes widening.

"We did it.."

"Oh my god, like sex did it?"

"Yeah.."

"Omigod omigod, where? When? How?" She questioned me.

"I won't give all the details Carrie!" I said, laughing at her eagerness.

"Yes you will!!" She was nearly shouting.

"Finee!" I sighed, "It wasn't the most romantic place in the world, in his car, in the alleyway beside the school and after you went into school," I said blushing.

"You classy girl, in an alleyway? Ooh la la!" she teased. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

"I only wanted to tell you, I don't exactly want the whole world to know!"

"I suppose so."

"And another thing Carrie, um.. I'm his girlfriend"

"Oh my god, too much for me to handle! Make-up sex and a relationship!"

"Yeah I suppose that's the long story short!" I laughed at the way she made it sound.

"Well, I'm glad you two are FINALLY together!" She said while hugging me goodbye. "See you tomorrow Kel!" She smiled.

"Bye Carrie!" I waved back.

When Carrie got off , I started to think about Beau. I wonder what he was doing right now? I wonder what he's thinking about? Is it me? I really do love him.

As I walked in the door I was greeting by amazing smells of cooking, probably macaroni cheese, I knew it wasn't for me. I usually made pasta or toast after everyone had gone to bed and if I was lucky, George would leave me out leftovers from the night before.

I dropped my bag beside my desk and got into my pajamas, I heard my phone beep and picked it up, it was Beau.

"Hey Kel, how are you? X"

I smiled and started replying, before I could finish Susan walked into my room and saw me texting.

"I told you what you weren't allowed your phone after school!" She said raising her voice.

I couldn't let her see who I was texting, if she knew I was texting a guy I would never be allowed see the light of day again! So I just put my phone behind my back.

"Give it to me!" She shouted.

"No.." I mumbled.

"What did you just say?!"

"No."

"No? No?! Ill teach you to fucking say no!!" She screamed at me and punched my shoulder hard, making me stumble backwards.

I knew it would be so much worse if I let her get my phone, I took a deep breath and went for it. I swung my arm and threw my phone with so much force, it smashed against the wall. Her eyes widened and then filled with fury.

"YOU UNGRATEFUL COW! WE ALLOWED YOU TO HAVE A PHONE AND YOU DO THIS, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER PHONE! EVER!!" She screamed while kicking me hard, making me fall to the ground.

She continued to kick me hard in the ribs and hip and several times in the head. I was in so much pain, I couldn't even stand up.

"You deserved that" she said through gritted teeth.

And with that she was gone, slamming the door behind her. I was sure she would be telling George how she found the phone in my room smashed on the floor and how ungrateful I was. But she what she never told him was what she does to punish me.

I pulled myself onto my bed, sucking in my breath with the pain. I collapsed onto the bed, glancing at the floor where my phone was, shattered.