Chapter 24

I could hear a baby laughing and looked around and saw baby toys scattered around the bright room. I followed the noise of the baby into a different room, in which I was very familiar with. I saw a pram facing towards the window and I could see little balled fisted waving around as the laughing died down. I walked calmly to the pram and looked inside it was Sam. I smiled and lifted him into the air, he showed me his toothless grin and looked at me with his sparkling blue eyes. Suddenly I was standing in the upstairs bedroom looking out the window, looking down as I watched two people, a man and a woman thanking my mother and walking away with Sam in tow, who was now five years old, getting in to a green car. I went to wipe the tears from my face when my vision blurred and I could hear my blood rushing, everything was dark. I could make out the mumbling of voices but I couldn't make out who it was. 

I started to wake up, I felt dizzy and sick and when I went to rub my eyes, I couldn't because my hands were restricted. Moving them around I could feel that they were tightly binded together behind my back with a rough material. It was rope. I suddenly took in my surroundings when I heard a man say "she's waking up". I tried to open my eyes wide but they felt heavy and when I went to say something my speech was extremely slurred. I was so frustrated that I couldn't move or speak or see that well. I started struggling but before I knew it a heavy weight was placed on my wrists, pulling me back into the chair. 

I was slipping in and out of consciousness when I finally was able to open my eyes wide and look around. My voice was very husky as I began to speak,

"Wheres Beau?" Was the first thing I said.

"He's in the other room, he put up a fight when he saw his princess in that state." 

"Please, we won't say anything just please let us go." I pleaded with the man I remember to be as Chad.

"But we can't have that to worry about can we?" He almost smirked.

The anger bubbled up inside me but I knew nothing I could do or say would ever change his mind. The small boy, David, came in again. He looked at me directly in the eye once again. Suddenly everything flashed back, my dreams about Sam. That wasn't David, it was my brother Sam! 

"Sam?" I whispered in shock.

His head shot up, and as if anticipating getting in trouble for looking at me he shook his head and looked back down. I could have made a mistake but I was pretty sure that was Sam.

"Do you know her?" Chad asked him angrily grabbing the cuff of his dirty shirt, forcing to make eye contact.

"No, Sir" He said quietly.

"That drug must be making her see things," He chuckled as he left go of Sam, pushing him out of the door.

It was just me and Chad in the room. And I felt the sweat collecting in the palms of my hands, I got the chills. I felt the shivers run through my fingers and legs, leaving a tingle after they had gone. Chad made a sudden move towards me, and it felt like a metal ball had smashed my cheekbone. He had punched me full-force across the face. I could feel the blood rushing to it. My vision went blurry each time my heart bet. I did everything I could to stay conscious, and so far it was working. He couldn't bring me down that fast. I pretended to be unconscious until I felt better. When I opened my eyes he was started intently at me. He moved closer, slow this time. And put his hand on the side of my face where he hit. I winced and sucked in my breath. 

"It would be a shame to waste such a pretty face." He said, staring at the side of my face.

I could feel my heartbeat picking up the pace and my breath quickening.

"Oh don't be scared little lady, I won't hurt you"

What the hell was wrong with this guy?! He literally just punched me and he's saying he wont hurt me?! Is he bi-polar or something? 

He moved his head towards me close enough that I could feel his beard brush against my sore cheek, I thought he was going to whisper something but I felt something wet just behind my ear. I realised he was kissing my neck. I screamed and he got such a shock that he stumbled back and almost knocked an old stool behind him.

"He is going to pay for this!!" He roared.

Who was going to pay for it? Beau?

About 2 minutes after he left the room, I burst into tears scared for what would happen and completely guilty for making him do that to Beau. It was all my fault. I felt a little tug at my wrists behind me, I stayed quiet listening to who was there. Whoever it was, wasn't making a single noise. Before I could work out who it was I felt the tight rope around my hands come loose, it fell to the floor. I quickly turned around and saw Sam behind me. 

"I can't talk now so shh." He said, putting a finger to his lips.

He handed me a rusty key,

"This if the backdoor key, go now while he's still upstairs." He whispered.