Chapter 12

I couldn't skip school again, so I got on the bus, only just recovering from my little breakdown. I told myself that there was nothing I could do to get away from the situation, and for every question I thought about, as my dad used to say "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

When I arrived at school I went to the secretary and gave them my GPs note for being late.

I had two classes left before I finished, and I saw Carrie run up to me smiling. I didn't know how I was going to tell her.

"Hey! So what's the story?"

"Carrie, I need to tell you something."

"What wrong? Is everything okay?" She asked, starting to get worried.

"I'm pregnant." I told her abruptly. 

She screamed and everybody's head turned to us.

"Shhh!" I whispered.

"I'm sorry, but oh my god Kelsie!! You're going to have a baby!"

"I'm so scared Carrie." I whispered my lip wobbling and my eyes watered up. Carrie put her arms around me holding me tight, I sobbed quietly into her shoulder."There's no need to be scared, Kel. Everything will be fine." she whispered in my ear.

 Since Carrie had her car with her today, we didn't have to get the bus.

I was still shocked by the whole thing. I knew the question was coming when Carrie said it.

"What about Susan?" She asked.

"I don't know, I'll figure it out after I turn 18, then I can do a bit more." I explained.

"And what should I tell Beau?" I asked Carrie, creasing my forehead.

"Just tell him straight out Kel." she sighed.

"When?"

"Next time you see him is when you'll have to do it."

My stomach knotted when she said that because I knew she was right.

"Here, I picked up this in Cole's the other day for you, it's nothing much it was only $20." She said while handing me a small mobile phone.

"Make sure to turn it on silent or vibrate and don't let Susan see you on it!" She instructed.

"Aw Carrie! Thank you so much!" I grinned while pulling her in for a hug.

I sucked in my breath as I got another sharp pain.

"You alright? Is it the baby?" She asked.

"It sounds so weird, 'the baby' I can't believe it!"

"We'll have to pick out baby names soon!" she said, clapping her hands in excitement.

 After Carrie dropped me off at the house, I went straight upstairs and got ready for bed. I pulled my books onto my lap and started studying for the history test I have tomorrow. I crammed as much information as I could into my head before my eyelids got heavy. I put my books back into my bed and pulled the blanket over me. I soon fell asleep.