Chapter 23

I tucked my knees under my chin and pulled my hand away from my mouth to stop biting my nails, I checked the time. It was 1am. It was Christmas Eve and Beau wasn't home, he had gone out to the shop to get ingredients for tomorrow's dinner and he sill wasn't home, I rang him three times but it went straight to voicemail. I threw on some tracksuit pants and a jumper, I grabbed my keys and opened the door, locking it behind me. I breathed into the humid air, Christmas in Australia was never cold.

I racked my brains as I walked to the shop where he said he was going to, I tried to think of anywhere else he might of went. When I was inside the shop, I looked in every aisle, in the bathroom and the cafe. He wasn't there.

"Excuse me?" I said, looking up to a tall, buff man who was the security guard.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Did you see a guy about 6ft, brown hair, tan skin?"

"Sweetie, that's about every guy in Australia" He laughed.

"Oh.. okay." I said faking a smile.

I was getting so worried, 'maybe he's just at the pub' I tried to reassure myself.

As I walked out of the car park, I heard shouts coming from an alley  had just passed. I started to pick up the pace, as soon as I couldn't hear them anymore I relaxed. I was heading to the pub Beau usually goes to, when I heard footsteps behind me. I walked a little faster before I was grabbed around the waist by heavily tattooed arms and pulled into a dark alley. Before I could scream a cool, metal blade made contact with my throat.

"If you make a noise, your precious boyfriend will be cut." A deep voiced man said harshly, leaving spit on my neck. He smelled of alcohol and tobacco. I was breathing quickly, trying hard to not cry.

"Where is he?" I whimpered.

"Oh I'll show you" He smirked.

He took the back of my neck in his large hand and pushed me in front of him, towards a dark house. He kicked in the door, which showed it wasn't even his house! He put both hands under my armpits and easily lifted me off the ground, travelling up the stairs. I was pushed into a dark room, before I could see anything I could hear other men, when he turned on the light there were three other men, heavily built, big muscles, lots of tattoos They looked like stereo-typical bikers. When the men moved out of the way, I saw Beau. Unconscious.

"Beau!" I shouted out.

"Why are you doing this?!" I shouted at the biggest man, who seemed like the leader of the pack. I struggled trying to escape from his clutches.

"We have a feisty one." He laughed and the others joined in, jeering at me.

My terror swiftly changed to anger because they seemed to think this was a sick joke.

"You see little lady, your boy here messed with the wrong guy."

He must of gotten into one of his fights again. Beau why did you do this?

I looked around the room, for anything, a weapon, an escape route? The house seemed old and neglected, with mold on the windowsill, one smashed window pane. The wallpaper peeling, the floor looked damp there was a few blankets in the corner.

"Please let him go!" I cried.

"You think were going to let him get away that easy?" The biggest one snarled.

"Chad, should we start?" One of them asked him.

"No, wait until he's awake and she's watching." Chad motioned to me.

"David! Come here!" A small boy, of about 11 years old came in. His head held down, he had blonde curly locks and pale skin. His clothes were dirty and ripped.

"Yes?" He answered, looking up to Chad, revealing a badly bruised eye.

"Get some rope and another chair."

"Yes sir." He nodded.

Before he left he glanced up at me, I suddenly got deja vu, I recognized them eyes. But I couldn't put my finger on where. I stared at him trying to figure out before he left.