selami

I would have stood there all day trying figure out what the letter " A " stood for until someone bumped into me.

"Sorry!, sorry!".

Was all she said as she helped me pick up my books which were scattered on the white tiled floor. She wore a red blazer with a fitted long sleeved shirt and her skirt stopped in the middle of her thighs,the same as mine.

We became friends in an instant when she introduced herself as Charlotte.As she blabbed about herself, I realized that she was really pretty,where I was from we referred to them as onyibos.

White people were regarded as a big deal in Nigeria,how could they not be ? their hairs were so straight and their eyes so clear,I had heard that if you pinched them even a little bit their skin would turn so red but Unlike my fellow Nigerians, I never regarded them as that much of a deal, you could say that I didn't like them very much.

In as much as I could not stand her I had to at least try. I couldn't be an illiterate and a racist at the same time in a new school.

Her sky blue eyes shinned with excitement as she talked about sleep overs, double dates and anything which would lead to a tight friendship that I wasn't looking forward to.

"What's your address?".she asked.

I ignored her question and acted like I was trying to figure out what was written on my schedula.Another annoying fact about Onyibos was that they always asked too much questions.

"So what's the address?" She asked again,twirling her pig tails.

"Do you understand this?". I replied her question with another one, stretching out the schedule for her to take a look.

What was with her and my address? was she a thief ?

"Lemme have a look". She said,snatching the schedula from my hands.

She scanned it quickly and handed it back to me.

"Are you an illiterate?" .She joked.

I was about to give her the hottest slap that her white cheeks had ever received. I was really looking forward to see if throughly they would  turn red .

"Ewu I don't understand english." I lied,laughing along with her.

Her eyes lit up."Ewu?".She remained silent for a while and finally asked."what is the meaning of Ewu."

I smiled mischievously and lied."my friend."

She smiled back and gave me a hug which I was not glad to return.After thirty minutes of explanation and questions ,I found out that the sheet in my hands was called a schedule and not a schedula also that because I was majoring in journalism, I only needed to offer one science subject and do all the arts subject.

"Same course". She squealed, pulling me into a tight hug.

She released me when I began to pull her long hair which was not really strong,considering the fact that some of it had already fallen off.

"Sorry. "She apologized, pulling away.

I nodded as I returned her fallen hair back to her."sorry." I replied

She let out and embarrassed smile and finally said."Our next class is starting so let's get moving". She said.

Before I could speak, she pulled me against my will, forcing me to keep up with her pace as she ran quicker than my Mary Janes shoes could carry me.

On the bright side,I didn't have to feel bad about calling her an Ewu. She was exhibiting goat like properties....my thumping heart could testify as we ran for nearly ten minutes.

Sorry for late update, I know this
chapter is really short but this marks the end of short chapters, next ones will be really long with more drama. Thank you for reading this chapter and make my red cheeks blush as you click that star.

Xoxo.

So what do you want to happen next, any suggestions?. Am all ears.