chapter 9

Life is like a bicycle.
To keep your balance,
You must keep moving.
            -Albert Einstein.

Selami.

Derek Allen was unbearably annoying and a complete sex addict but with the best shade of eyes I had ever seen.

Those eyes never left me, making me feel uncomfortable and oddly feverish as we arrived into the silent studio filled with camera lights and red flower patterns splashed on the back ground wall. I couldn't help but think he was  following behind me close but not too close each step I made.

Fool.

On the bright side I was finally walking confidently on the heels like Jenny said, I never tripped or staggered until he passed me, making my knees wobble.

Deep breaths.

"This is the set," Oliver smiled, motioning to the flower background.

"What me supposed to do?," I asked confused, by what I was saying but hoping it made sense to him.

He looked at me for a while, analyzing what I said for sometime and laughed.

"Honey, this is your set," He explained. "Be yourself and pose nicely for the camera."

"Okay," I nodded.

"Hair, makeup, costume." He shouted, "we need to S-T-A-R-T," He spelt.

The room bursted into rowdiness, different people appeared from nowhere, dragging me into another make up room within the blink of an eye. My hair was carried up in a long but straight style,my face designed in darker shades of eye shadows and I was dressed in what looked like a blue half bra top with a fitted skirt.

"Action," oliver announced, relaxing on the seat beside Derek.

I was pushed at the centre of the room with bright camera lights blinding my view of everything.

"Annabelle be confident, "Oliver coohed.

I squinted my eyes to see him but I couldn't, the light was too bright and harsh piercing deeply into my eyes.

"I told you this was a mistake," Derek laughed, his rough voice echoing round the set.

And with that single statement, I let go of my identity and owned my set. I couldn't tell if my poses were good or bad but I liked the feeling i got while doing them.feeling confident, feeling in charge and feeling....free.

"And cut," I heard oliver announced.

The bright blinding light died down to reveal an impressed Oliver and a brunette seated on Derek's lap  as he nibbled her ear not caring if I was still alive and how the shoot went.

I didn't know why I felt a sting of anger when I saw his hands skimming her thighs. Maybe it was because of what he had said.

I told you that this was a mistake.

I shifted my eyes  back to oliver who was giving me a double thumbs up.

"you were born for this," He smiled widely, patting me on my back.

"Thanks," I smiled,walking pass Derek who was now involved in a lip lock battle with the girl.

I diverted my eyes away from them and barged into the makeup studio, quickly slipping back into my dress and heels,flinging the itchy wig away from my hair. I wiped all the makeup off my face and packed my hair into a pony tail.

"Take a look at this," Oliver called after me when I stepped out from the room.

A wide smile played on top of my lips when I saw the amazing pictures of the strong lady on the TV screen which looked nothing like me.