chapter 16

Selami.

I found myself dreaming of our next lesson-the way he held my hand so carefully as he thought me how to write were memories that were still lingering fresh in my head and I couldn't stop but smile to myself once in a while as I thought of them.

I could not deny any longer what I felt around him.I was loosing it and I knew the consequences too well.

"Do you want to go to my room?" she asked.

Those words stung me, nearly driving me insane as I watched as he trailed his finger down her waist, giving her a light squeeze at the end.

Stop looking Sel. I tried to convince myself.

I turned around and focused more on the building booming with soft classic music, the tables displayed with different kind of foods I never knew had existed,the undying lights-nearly blinding me; the whole building was made of glass including the roof giving me the opportunity to stare at the vast sky with stars littered around it.

"We can have it at the table if you want." He whispered.

I knew he was doing this intentionally.

This was all Olivers fault; he had convinced me into coming in order to make me more famous, improve my fashion sense and expose me to hectic task but Derek wasn't a task-He was a challenge, a very difficult one.

"Who is that?" She asked.

Without turning around I already knew that she was pointing towards me , so I turned to be greeted by her horrific face and worse of all-Derek nuzzling her neck.

"Why is a black here?" She questioned.She was dressed in a short tight velvet gown exposing her large bust but emphasizing on her bigger ass, her long brunette hair was left to curl down to her waist and calling her beautiful was an Insult.

How could I compete with that?

With that single statement, Dereks head snapped up.

And again, the slow time appeared;his eyes traced me up and down -slowly,in a way that I felt like his eyes could see through my soul.When I had designed this gown I thought of him how his eyes blended lightly with the waist end of my gown.

"Don't you ever speak about her like that again." He warned,drawing his attention from me and back to her.

"And so what?......this..thing." She said, gesturing at me." Is not worth the dirt under your shoes..I mean look at her....she does not fit in."

I knew what was too come next but I didn't want to wait to find out and so I headed for the door.

Like he said Blacks were tagged as-Absent minded fools.

"Don't you dare." He roared, flinging his glass cup filled with grape wine on the floor. Everyone had turned around but none had dared to make a sound.

She flinched back,almost falling to her feet." She....."

"Keep your mouth shut." He said cooly." Her name is not a she....her name is SEL."

I could not decide which I was more happy with, the fact that he had defended me or the sweet silky softness of my name coming out of his Intimidating lips.

I didn't know were all this thoughts were coming from but they left my mouth each time I thought of a word to describe him..I had learnt a few things in Igbo which came in handy.

"Yes..Yess...Of course." She agreed shaking uncontrollably.

"What is her name?" He asked and I felt a slight pity for her If she couldn't answer that question.