Epilogue *Renee*

"Today is the day, are you ready?" Joan the now 25 years old said at her best friends wedding.
"I can't believe it mean I'm getting married." Renèe who was also 25 and now in her wedding dress.
"I know it seemed like yesterday we were backstage of Hairspray and you kissed Anthony and now you're getting married to him. It's so funny how one little thing can change your life. For instance what if I never went and got Anthony to calm you down, you would have never kissed and you would have never started dating and you would have never fallen in love with him." Joan said to the bride standing in front of her.
"Yeah but we would never have kissed if you didn't get him for me." Renèe said to her maid of honor.
"Oh you're right, so it's all because of me." Joan said putting her hands on her hips.
"Yeah it is." Renèe said giggling. But then it all got quiet.
It was just Renèe, Joan, and their reflections in the mirror.
The silence broke when the sobs came from Renèe's mouth.
"Hey, hey what's wrong?" Joan asked.
Renèe wiped her tears making sure to not fuck up her makeup.
"I don't know, I just want you to know how much I love you and that time in high school when I tried killing myself and you came to visit me in the hospital I felt so bad because I almost left you here by yourself with these idiots. I know that me trying to commit suicide was really stupid but I want you to know I thought of you, my best friend. Not my mom. Not my dad. Not even Anthony. I thought of you. I'm so sorry." Renèe said collapsing.
"No don't be sorry that was a long time ago. You're getting married and you have a best selling book. Everything is good. Don't worry. I love you so much but why are you thinking of all of this now?" Joan questioned.
"I don't know hormones?" Renèe said shrugging her shoulders.
"Oh your on you period?" Joan asked.
"No, and that's the problem." Renèe said sheepishly.
At first Joan didnt understand what she was getting at. Then it clicked.
"HOLY SHIT ARE YOU PREGNANT?!" Joan asked.
Renèe nodded her head smiling.
"OH MY GOD!" Joan said hugging her newly pregnant best friend.
"Wait holy shit!! What time is it?" Joan asks.
Renèe checks her cellphone and it's 1:45. She has to walk down the Isle at 2:00.
"Holy crap it's 2:00 pm we like have to go now." Renèe said.

*at the church*

The music started playing.
The flower girl walked down throwing flower petals.
Then the three bridesmaids.
The maid of honor.
And then, last but not least, the bride herself.
Renèe walked down the isle slowly, making sure not to trip and fall.
She looked around the room and saw one million familiar faces.
Mrs. Harriet, her old dance teacher.
Annie, who was now a Broadway dancer.
Marcia, who was also a successful writer.
Kris, now a full time dad.
Isaiah, a lawyer.
And then she saw him.
The man she was going to marry.
Anthony, an eighth grade language arts teacher, the love of her life.
She was soon enough standing right in front of him.
Hi. He mouthed to her, teary eyed.
Hi. She mouthed back, also teary eyed.
The preacher man started saying all the in sickness and in health shit. Then it got to the vows.
Anthony said his first. He talked about their first kiss and date and when he knew he was in love with her. Of course Renèe was a mess. But she had to get it together a little but because it was her turn.
"Okay Anthony, the love of my life, I remember the first time I saw you, seventh grade, the first thespians meeting. I knew there was something different about you. Ever since then I always had a little crush on you. It never really went away. Then eighth grade year, Hairspray, I had an anxiety attack and my brilliant friend went and got you because she knew I was obsessed over you and she knew you would calm me down. And somewhere in that mess we kissed. Then in high school we were dating and then my depression got bad so I broke up with you because I didn't want to bring you down. I tried committing suicide a couple of weeks later. You came to the hospital to see me. You told me how much you loved me and that's when I knew I would never let go of you again. Now we're getting married. And I also have a little secret. You're also going to be a father." After those words they were both crying and Anthony was in his knees after the news of him becoming a father and the families were going crazy.
The preacher man finished his last words.
"You may now kiss the bride."
Anthony and Renèe's lips met and they lived happily ever after.
For now.

To be continued...