Hoco 2k17

Homecoming. Something Joan did not want to go to. But Renee forced her too. Their freshman year, which was last year, Joan didn't go and Renee hung out with her boyfriend, now ex, the entire time. But now they're both single and Renee is making Joan go.
"Renee I told you I don't want to go."
"Well I do and you're my BEST friend so you have too, we're gonna buy you a nice dress and you're gonna look hot and we're gonna dance our asses off." Renee said grabbing Joan's hand and leading her to the dress shop in the mall.

"So what type of dress do you want?" The retail lady asked the two girls.

"I would like something that flatters my shape, any color except very bright colors." Renee said.

"I want to go home." Joan was not having it. She didn't want to go. She didn't have a date, and neither did Renee but she had one last year, so Renee was fine.

"Actually I think I may have something really good for you." The retail lady said to Joan, and she went into the back.
About 10 minutes later she returned with two dresses, for Renee she had a burgundy dress that was sparkly, similar to the one she had last year. But for Joan she had a royal blue dress and it had silver sparkles on the top and it was just gorgeous.

"Alright girls go try these on."

So Joan and Renee took their dresses and put them on.
Renee came out first and she looked really good. They just waited for Joan.

"Guys I don't want to come out." Joan said from behind the door.

"Oh come on. I'm sure you look great." Renee said to her best friend.
And she was wrong, she didn't look great. She looked stunning.

"Holy shit." The retail lady said. "I'm sorry, but holy shit."

"What? Do I look bad?" Joan was obviously insecure but she didn't need to be.

"No, the exact opposite. You look amazing and beautiful and everything from above." Renee said. "Now we're definitely going."

~~~~~~~~~

It was that night. Renee and Joan were at the door of their school gym. They couldn't wait to get inside, and to be honest they both looked great but especially Joan.

Half way through the night Joan was having a blast but then she saw her ex, he was staring at her. Then he started walking over and Joan just looked down.

"What's wrong?" Renee stopped dancing to ask her friend. But he was already there.

"Hey, um Renee? Can I talk to Joan for a sec, like alone?" He said.

"Um yeah, I think I'm getting a call anyway, Good luck." She whispered that last part to Joan.

"What do you want?" Joan asked crossing her arms.

"Well I know it's a little late but I still really like you, so I was wondering if you want to go to homecoming with me?" He asked scratching the back of his neck.

"Fuck it, why not?" And he kissed her.