Band Buddies

So Joan and Louis have been friends since seventh grade. Now they're juniors in High School. Joan has always "secretly" had a crush on Louis. And by secretly, that means it wasn't secret at all. A lot of people knew, even Louis, but in all honesty Louis didn't mind. He liked knowing that all girls didn't think he was a pizza faced, know-it-all. Now Louis played in their high schools drum line and Joan was also on drum line. Now her and Louis were the drum majors, so when they had little drum line meetings and practices they always had to stay after because they were kind of the ones in charge. Because of them staying after for like another hour after each meeting, alone, they bonded because lets be honest just sitting in silence with one other person it's very awkward. 

"So, how was your day band buddy?" That was their little nicknames for each other. 

"It was good I guess, lots of work, wanting to punch people in the face, listening to Renee rant about her ex, the usual school day, what about you?" And that's how their extra hour went, they just talked and talked, but this extra time they had together was a little different. Joan had brought some alcohol to school to get by and lets say they had a little bit to drink and they started to play a game.

"Truth or dare?" Louis asked obviously a little tipsy.

"Umm, truth." Now Joan was a little bit more than tipsy, she was a couple more sips away from being shit faced.

"Okay, have you ever had a crush on me?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yes, obviously. Ha, why would you ask that you silly goose? Ha." Joan was pretty much slurring all her words into one.

"Alright band buddy, I'm driving you home. I guess I'll pick you up tomorrow too." Louis said getting up and extending his hand to the drunk girl on the floor. 

"AAwwWWwWwWwwwWW, reallllly?" 

"Yes, now lets get going, okay?" 

"Okayyyy." So they both got up, got their shit together, and walked over to Louis' car, well Louis walked, Joan kind of stumbled. They rode without speaking, Louis just played the radio, and Joan kind of hummed a long, until she said some drunk thoughts.

"You're the best band buddy everr." Joan said making lots of hand motions.

"Thank you, but I thought I was your only band buddy." Louis said laughing at his friend sitting beside him.

"Yeah you're right, but it would be more fun if we were fuck buddies right?" Now this took Louis way off guard that he had to pull over.

"I'm sorry, what?" Louis said turning to face the very drunk girl.

"You know fuck buddies? We'd have sex and maybe we'd be one of those pairs of friends with benefits that fall in love with each other." Joan said.

"You don't know what you're saying, you're just drunk." Louis said about to start driving again. 

"Maybe I am, but even so, drunk words are sober thoughts, right?" Joan replied giving Louis a smirk.

"Yeah you are right. Can I record you saying this?" Joan nodded. 

About a week later Louis sent her the video with this message.

"Well? You still up for it?  ;)"

And for the first time in who knows how long, Joan didn't regret what she said while being intoxicated.