Chapter One

Chapter 1: Mark's POV

Sometimes I'd caught myself staring blankly over something, thinking about everything yet mind's filled with absolutely nothing. Does that sound weird? I guess I'm really weird that way. Just like now, I'm currently standing on the small veranda of our apartment, blankly staring over the big city scape in front of me. I love staying here. I love spending my spare time looking at the busy streets downstairs wondering whether the people passing by are also like me.

Yes, I'm different. Special if you may say but I never felt that way. I feel burdened, cursed. I never considered my abilities as gifts coz they are the reasons why I lost everything I had in the first place.

I am Mark Tuan, 22, and I'm an elementalist.

You think I'm kidding, aren't you? Well sorry to break it up to you but I'm most definitely serious. I know you watched a lot of movies related to our race like the famous The Last Airbender and you think it's just some kind of fictional stories made from creative minds of authors. I wish I could tell you you're right but you are most definitely wrong. Percy Jackson and other mythological movies that show elemental powers? Tsk, our race is way more ancient than those Olympians and Titans.

"Mark hyung! Dinner's ready," somebody suddenly croaked behind me. When I turned around, Yugyeom's head is poking out between the curtains. I nodded and told him I'll be there in a short while.

Kim Yugyeom is my younger brother. Well not biologically though. He's only 18, but he's a young lad with body of a grown up man. He's even taller than me or any of our peers. I bet first time you encounter him you'll probably be scared but he's actually a cute, playful kid once you get to know him.

Yugyeom was just a baby when my mom found him wrapped in a thick blanket in front of our house in LA. He was really cute and my parents fell in love with him so they decided to adopt him. I was so happy at that time coz I was finally having a younger brother; I've always wanted one and thank the heavens for dropping an angel on our doorstep.

We were happy for a while. Mom and dad gave everything me and Yugyeom needed and wanted. They showered us all the love and attention parents could give to their children. Then something happened when I was 10, Yugie was only 6 at that time but we both have to flee far from home to save ourselves. Mom and dad sacrificed themselves coz they believed both me Yugie still has a very important role to play for our race. So we were force to leave home, go to any place we can, savage any available food we can get our hands on and do our best to survive in this cruel world.

That was until JYP found us. Around a year after the tragedy with our parents Jinyoung Park came to rescue us. He's the leader of an organization that aims to protect all remaining elementalist in the planet. He found us wandering on the streets of US and immediately took us here in Korea where the main headquarters of the organization is. He took care of us like our real parents; gave us clothes, feed us, even sent us to school which ofcourse he owns too.

"Ya, hyung!" Somebody interrupted my thoughts again, this time the voice was a more high pitched and accented and obviously it was from someone foreign like me. "Hyung the food is getting cold, you eating or not?"

I sighed heavily as I make my way inside the apartment and was welcomed with the view of four boys sitting on the dining table ready to eat.

"What took you so long hyung? What were you doing at the veranda anyway?" another one asked. I smiled at them as I took my seat and we started eating.

Where was I again? Oh, right, I remember.

So after JYP brought us here, we met two other boys who are like us, elementalists.