Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12: Mark's POV

That was the first time I ever told someone my inner thoughts, my struggles, my inner demons. It wasn't easy. I have never told anybody, not even JunK hyung and JYP hyung, about it. It makes me feel so exposed, so weak and vulnerable. Yet here comes Jinyoung, he was very easy to talk to. He was like pulling the words out of me with just one look.

Pity was the last thing I ever wanted from someone. I don't need it, that's why I don't ever confide with anyone in the first place because I don't want them looking at me with pity. I honestly thought I'd see those in Jinyoung's eyes the moment I told him everything. But there wasn't any. The things I saw in his beautiful orbs are flickers of worry and... affection?

I know I sound as if I'm hoping to receive it from him. Tsk. But do I really want to? To receive his affection... and maybe more?

I'd lie if I say that kiss we had before didn't affect me. Yes I used it to tease Jinyoung and make him fluster every now and then but that doesn't mean it meant nothing to me. It was my first kiss in the first place and hell Jinyoung was a damn good kisser. Since that night I tried hard to shake the tingly feeling everytime I touch him and the slowing down of my heartbeat only to suddenly beat like crazy after everytime our eyes met. But it's no use. My attention just narrows down to him everytime he's near.

And here comes a series of firsts for me – the first time I cried in front of someone, first time telling someone my fears and thoughts, first time that someone was taking care of me instead of the other way around and the first time I asked someone to stay beside me. And that someone was no other than Jinyoung.

I was worried he'd leave but I'm glad he didn't. I really need somebody to hold me that time and I honestly wouldn't ask anybody but Jinyoung. I don't know why I felt that way. I just do.

And now I'm confused – so freaking confused why the heck I'm feeling this towards him. Like I want to just keep him beside me, touch his skin and feel his warmth. It's so addicting.

Am I falling for him?

-

It's Monday again and I'm still quite tired from our trainings during the weekend so I decided to ditch one of my minor classes and went straight to the school's tallest building's rooftop. I sat behind the small storage room and watched the students below rush to their rooms and some chatting with their friends.

Sooner I felt myself getting sleepy. It was quiet and the sound of the birds chirping plus the rustling of the wind was lulling me to sleep. I closed my eyes, finally deciding to take a nap but then I was interrupted by voices.

"Do you really think they're here?" one of the voices asked. They were boys; I think there were three of them.

I closed my eyes again, telling myself that they might be just students who want to take a break up here like me. I was hidden behind the wall of the storage room anyway so I perfectly know they couldn't see and disturb me.

"Ofcourse they are! Minsoo Leadernim said it himself right? All we have to do is find them," another voice replied.

My eyes flew wide open upon hearing that name. Minsoo – Choi Minsoo, leaders of the hunters and they know him. They must be hunters too. Minsoo must have sent them too look for us.

"Ya Ilhoon-ah, you think it's easy to look for them? They are 7 powerful elementalist! And besides, leadernim said there's a possibility, yah hear me? Possibility, he's not sure about it too," the third voice rebuked.

"How do we find them anyway? You have any idea Hyunsik hyung?" the guy they called Ilhoon said.

"Right now, no, I don't really have any. We have to keep our eyes open," Hyunsik replied. "Hey Peniel, do you still have that picture leadernim gave us? Don't you dare lost it!"