Chapter Six

Chapter 6: Mark's POV

Those bastards. Tsk. I knew they'd pick on Jinyoung as soon as they found out he's a new guy in school. Especially with the fact that he's one of us coz ever since then many students are jealous at us. Labeling us as JYP's favorites and some calling us as his pets. We don't mind them of course. If only they know the path the seven of us are heading to then they'd probably be very much willing to volunteer us for it.

JYP wanted to talk to me during lunch break so I made my way into his office after my last morning class. That's when I spotted them. I was in the fourth floor of the Admin building while they were on the second floor hallway of the building next to where I was.

I dashed out to get to them before they could lay a hand on him. I was thankful that the building's exterior was made of glass so I can clearly see them. I kept glancing at them while I was running around the corridors to make sure Jinyoung's still in one piece.

Then a smile broke in to my face. I just saw Jinyoung kicked one of the guys in his crotch making him whimper and fall on the floor then shoved the other one away from him. JunK hyung was right. Jinyoung is seriously one feisty guy.

I was hoping he'd run after that but he still had the nerve to talk back and insult them which made him lose his chance to escape. One of them grabbed him and I was sure they were pissed and ready to pounce. I speeded up. I ignored the yelps and shouts of annoyed students as I pushed them out of my way. I need to get there, now.

Thankfully I was able to get there on time. I saw them having a death grip on Jinyoung's arm and as soon as I was next to them I firmly held the guy's wrist and told him to let Jinyoung go. Jinyoung's eyes were closed but he opened them as soon as he heard my voice.

I can tell they were surprised and, well, scared to see me there. I was sweating and damn exhausted from running but I managed to get a hold of my composure and told them off. They know better than to challenge me. They know they've got no chance against me so they did what was best for them – they run for their lives.

As soon as they were out of sight, I turned to check on Jinyoung. He was pouting while rubbing his arm. It was cute. I've never seen somebody so cute and handsome at the same time. It made me smile. I asked him if he was fine but he just stared at me in daze.

Then I remembered seeing those guys push him against the wall and hitting his head hard. I moved to check the back of his head and he flinched and winced. It must have hurt. I wanted to take him to the clinic but I have to see JYP. I was torn between leaving and taking care of him. But I've got no choice, I'm already late from my appointment with JYP so I really got to go.

"Does it hurt?" I asked him, not caring if I sounded more worried than I probably should. "There's a small bump, you should put ice on it. And ask some medical cream from JunK hyung for your arm. I'm pretty sure that guy's hand's gonna leave a mark," I told him. His reply surprised me though.

"Wow that's more than one sentence," he muttered amusedly then he suddenly stopped. Maybe he realized what he had just said. I smiled at his comment. Are my words really that few that he find it odd and amusing to hear me say more that I usually do?

His face was as red as tomato already. From too much embarrassment maybe? But it's cute to see him blush and shy away. It makes me want to pinch his cheeks but I know I gotta restrain myself. And I know that I have to leave him alone before his face started to smoke from blushing too much.

"Go eat lunch. They're waiting for you," I told him.

"W-what about you?" he stuttered. Is he nervous? Do I make him nervous? "Aren't you coming to get lunch?" he asked barely looking at me.