Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter28: Yugyeom's POV

Where am I? It's so dark.

"H-hyungs?" I whispered fearfully. "Guys? W-where are you? Mark hyung?"

Nobody answered.

Wait there's a light ahead.

I ran. I'm lost and scared. Mark hyung and Jinyoung hyung said they'd never leave me. But where are they? Why am I here? Where the heck am I?

The sudden brightness blinded me and I had to shut my eyes. The panic was seeping through me as I hear deafening silence.

Opening my eyes I saw nothing but white. There were no corners, no doors, everything was drowned in void.

Was I taken by hunters? Did my vision come true? I slumped on the unseen floor and finally let my tears of fear flow out of my eyes.

They're gone! Why did they leave me? They promised not to but they broke it.

"Hush my child," a voice said then I felt something brush my cheeks as if wiping my tears away. I scrambled away from whatever it is.

"W-who are you? Show yourself!" I screamed. My voice echoed then silence enveloped me again.

Was I imagining it? But I felt it!

Then a tiny purple thing appeared in front of me. I watched in fascination as it grew bigger and bigger till it was the size of a basketball.

"Do not fear me my child. I am your goddess, your creator. My being flows into your blood and I would do nothing to harm my heir," the sweet voice said.

My tears stopped and I looked up to the floating purple ball-like gas.

"You're the goddess Aether?" I asked in all amazement. I can't believe I am talking to my goddess!

"Yes my child. Indeed it is me," she said, I can almost hear the smile in her voice.

Relief flooded in me as I know it wasn't a hunter I'm talking to. I remained kneeling on whatever floor there was as I looked up to the blob of purple light.

"I can talk to you? Are my hyungs talking to there gods to?" I asked.

"No, my brave heir. Only you have the ability to talk to me. It's a gift that comes with being my heir. But be mindful that this can only happen when in great need," she replied. I was confused with what she said.

"Then what's the great need? Why are you communicating to me?"

"The war is to begin soon my child – sooner than you think. And you my brave one will ignite the beginning of the second war between the elementalists and the hunters," she revealed to me. I paled and trembled with the words that she spoke.

"M-me? Why me? H-how?" I asked. There was a minute of silence before her voice ringed across the room again.

"A sham ally shall aid,

to heirs who are in need.

A help that needs a trade,

an aid to feed one's greed.

Though danger is foreseen,

offer shall be received.

Child of minds shall begin,

the throes that need be surceased."

I stare into the ball with nothing but confusion. What? What the hell was that? But my thoughts were broken when once again the goddess spoke.