Chapter Seventeen

Please forgive me coz I'm really crappy when it comes to writing fight scenes... >.< Also, most of my chaps are unedited, just typing everything that's on my mind so sorry for the grammatical and spelling mistakes >.<

Jinyoung's POV

It happened so fast. One moment we were quietly sitting in the van, then Yugyeom started shouting and in a snap we were running in the middle of a dark forest.

-

We were still unable to grasp the turn of events right after our mentors yelled to vacate the van. What snapped us out of our confusion was a loud blast right beside our vehicle.

We scramble out and Taecyeon hyung directed us to run towards the vast forest on the left side of the road. It was dark and we can't afford to summon some light coz it would be easier for the hunters to find us. However, we didn't even get that far before we got surrounded by enemies. It didn't take long before the fight started.

The hunters were equipped with all types of weapons – arrows, guns, knives, swords, etcetera. Taecyeon hyung and Mark moved swiftly and took down the gun men before they can do damage to our team. I saw Youngjae using his powers to manipulate the plants to hold down some enemies and he proceeded to disarm them. As for the others, I really didn't know how they were doing. I was busy with my own battle, trying to defend myself from onslaught of the hunters.

Clashing of metals here and there, shouts of pain, battle cries sounding almost everywhere and the once dark forest was illuminated as elemental colors flashed simultaneously when elemental powers are summoned.

I looked back and saw Mark mercilessly using his fire in killing the enemies. Burnt and bloody bodies scattered around him as he continued either set the hunters' body on fire or kill them with his own bare hands.

He looks so hot while in combat. But at the same time it was very frightening. I always thought Mark was scary everytime we practice for combat. But seeing him like this – gosh! He's beyond frightening!

As the battle continued, I really thought we were winning. We have reduced the number of enemies by more than half and the remaining were already looking discouraged.

Or so we thought.

Just when victory was within our grasps, a new bunch of hunters suddenly arrived, equipped with new sets of weapons.

I heard my friends curse. Things are really getting out of hand. We were already tired and we don't know if we could still hold up till our reinforcements arrived.

With my last remaining strength I summoned a wave of water towards the coming enemies momentarily knocking them down the dirt. Jackson did the same on the other side, calling out to the winds and blasting them over a bunch of hunters sending them flying across forest. It wasn't enough though. The hunters were still closing in fast and were trapped in the middle.

Mark, however, was isolated from us. He wasn't that far but still quite distanced from our group. He was fighting alone on an elevated part of the forest, the hunters were also attacking him non stop. I can see scrapes on his skin and... is that blood on dripping on his arm? I couldn't really see well because of the darkness but every time Mark made fire I can see glimpse of his state. And I can say he's near his limits.

The ruthless battle continued. We were tired, wounded and I was so close to giving up. But my hopes got up when Taecyeon hyung suddenly yelled, "They're here!"