Chapter Twenty Two

(A/N: I know this is so overdue but our dep't head went somewhere for a week and she left me with so many things to do >.< and she'll be leaving again next week T.T

this was written in haste but i hope you still like it :) )

Jinyoung's POV

The rain gently pours outside and I was cooped up inside my bed, book in hand as I tried to relax myself after a long tiring day.

It has been three weeks since we started training to control our new abilities. It was tough, especially for me coz I had the least training among all of us. My stamina was a lot weaker too coz I was still wasn't used to using my abilities let alone the simplest one so it was really exhausting.

The seven of us also spent a little less time with each other. By the end of the day we were all too drained to keep up with conversations so we simply slipped ourselves at the comfort of our rooms and rest.

Same goes with me and Mark. We hardly spend time together nowadays, just too focused on training but sometimes he'd sneak into my room and sleep beside me. That's all we could do for now. We don't want to lose our concentration with what was more important so we figured out not to distract the other too much.

I was still reading a book which I borrowed from JYP's library when somebody knocked on my door. I called for the person to come in and a black haired boy emerged from the door.

"Hyung, did I disturb you?" Youngjae asked. He was holding a pillow to his chest.

"No not at all. What's wrong?" I patted the space beside me and motioned for him to come over.

"Can I sleep here tonight?" he shyly asked.

"Sure, no problem. Come here." I moved a little bit to make room for him.

I completely don't mind having him around. In fact, often times Yugyeom and Bambam spend their nights sleeping beside me too. They squish me between them but I find it cute when they cuddled up like puppies beside me. I guess the young ones just want have somebody else around whilst they sleep, making sure they weren't alone. But as for Youngjae, I can feel like there was something that's bothering him.

"It's already late, why aren't you asleep yet?" I asked him. I was sitting with my back against the wall and he was facing me. He was clearly wide awake and looking bothered with something.

"It's nothing hyung. Just... just thinking about some stuff," he replied.

I marked my book and put it away. "Want to talk about it?" I asked him. He was silent for a moment, contemplating whether or not to tell me about it. Few more seconds later he sighed deeply.

"It's... It's Jaebum hyung," he muttered almost inaudibly.

"Why? Did he do something? Did you two fight?" I intrigued. This is getting interesting.

Youngjae was mindlessly playing with the corners of his pillow. Something was really bothering the boy.

"No, but... it's just that... hyung did I do something wrong?" he suddenly asked. I looked at him totally confused. He sighed deeply once again then he continued speaking." Jaebum hyung has been looking at me weirdly lately. I don't know what's up with him but one moment he's nice and the next thing I knew he's staring like he wants to eat me alive," he finally revealed.