Chapter Ten

Chapter 10: Mark's POV

The past few days have been very entertaining for me. After that drunken night the kids had, Jaebum and Youngjae and Jackson and Bambam were very awkward around each other. Nobody's quarrelling during meals, no wrestling on the living room, and no high pitched cackles echoing the dorm coz they were all busy avoiding each other. It has been a week since then and it's the most peaceful week I ever had since I met these dorks.

Adding to my amusement was Jinyoung who was obviously avoiding me. I would sometimes purposely sit beside him but then he'd made some lame excuse and leave. When I'm in the mood I'd follow him, trap him somewhere and tease him. I just can't help it. He's too cute when he's flustered and when his cheeks turn pink.

And that kiss we had? Yes, it was my first kiss. And he stole it. Oh scratch that! Coz I admit I pretty much gave in to him anyway. I don't know but I kind of lose control around him.

I don't like seeing him hurt. Well, I don't like seeing any of my friends hurt. It's just that, there's something in Jinyoung that makes me want to protect him, to take care of him more than the others. Maybe it's because he's new in our group, in this whole powers thing and he's still trying to figure out his abilities. Maybe it's because I believe he's not yet capable to protect himself from the threats around us. Yeah. That's probably the reason.

It was only around two weeks after that night that we found an opportunity to ease the tension and awkwardness around the group. It was Friday again but these time classes were suspended at the university for the whole afternoon due to some faculty meeting.

It was Jackson who suggested the idea that made all of us excited. He said he wants to go down town, eat somewhere and maybe do some karaoke. It was a good idea. It has been ages since we all went out and have some fun and it's going to be the first that we'd be doing it with Jinyoung.

The only problem was getting JunK hyung's permission.

We went back to our dorm and fortunately we found JunK hyung there but he seems to be preparing to leave too.

I leaned on the wall and smiled as I watched the six of them pushing one another, trying to get somebody approach JunK hyung and tell him what we wanted. After a few minutes of pushing, elbowing and glaring at each other they all turned back at me, lips on a pout and all showing me their big puppy eyes.

I sighed. Of course in the end it has to be me.

I walked towards JunK hyung and greeted him. "Going somewhere hyung?" I asked.

"Yeah. JYP wants me to run some errands. Why? Do you need something?" he replied as he paced back in fort trying to look for something.

"Well," I started, "me and the boys kinda want to go karaoke and we were hoping you'll let us."

That finally caught hyung's attention as he stopped on his tracks and turned to look at me then to the rest of the boys behind me.

"I don't know guys. It's just... it's too dangerous for you out there. Especially with all seven of you in one place," hyung said and all of the kids' faces fell.

"No matter where we are or what we do, danger's always there anyway so what's new?" Youngjae snorted earning a jab on his ribs from Bambam.

"Not helping hyung!" Bambam warned.

"Hyung, promise, we'd be really really careful!"

"We promise we won't talk to strangers!"

"Promise we won't do anything stupid!"