Kabanata 1: Pagbagsak

All rights reserved ©2016 by LoveMishap

⚜⚜⚜

Karen Lynn's POV

No, it can't be! 

Ayaw parin tanggapin ng isipan ko. Ayaw talagang iproseso ng aking utak ang mga patong-patong na insidenteng nangyari sa amin.

Ang family business namin is now declared bankrupt.

Our mansion is facing foreclosure, tapos si ate, missing, tangay ang twenty million na sana'y pwedeng pangtubos, kahit man lang ang mansyon ang maisalba sa mga ari-arian namin.

"Are you alright, Lynn?" nanghihinang tumingin ako kay tito Carlos, ang abogado ni daddy.

Ang aking ama. He should be the one that's facing all these problems. Siya dapat ang nakikipag-usap ngayon sa mabait na abogado, but he is stuck in his wheelchair now, after surviving his crucial heart attack a few days ago. Dahil sa magaling kong kapatid na si Veronica Perez, who went missing with twenty million she withdrew from our bank after the news spreads that Perez Banks are already sold to the NCM.

Perez owned several banks in our country, used to be very promising, owning several stocks in every business department, but four years ago, the "NCM Trade Holdings Ltd.", made a huge entrance in the Philippines. The company encompasses a wide range of investment products, from stocks, bonds and mutual funds.

According to Forbes list, the NCM Trade Holdings Ltd., was on the top of the list of the richest billionaire in Asia. The company was the main stockholder of every food and beverages, airlines, telecom, property development, banking, hotels and power. The stock is also up to fifty percent in the last year, in its petrochemical businesses and earnings from an investment in Philippines Electrical Grid, the country's largest electric power distribution company.

The CEO of NCM Trade Holdings Ltd., who weren't named yet took all the interest of every person in the country. He was the talk of every businessman. Everyone said that he was a shipping magnate in the US, and he expands his business scope in Asia. He was rewarded as the tiger businessman in the US and I don't understand why he needs to hit every small business here in the Philippines.

He's a greedy man who has no heart.

Dahil sa NCM, ang mga kompanyang pinag-invesan ng bangko namin, bumagsak. They were small businesses that used to be very promising, has a potential to grow into a lucrative business, pero simula ng dumating ang NCM, those businesses na halos binuhos ni daddy ang lahat ng atensyon, they were gone as soon as NCM appears in the scene.

Kaya naman ang kompanya ng mga Perez ay unti-unti ring nabankrupt. Ngayon ay lubog na sa utang. Kung dati ang ginhawa ng buhay namin, ngayon, mas mahirap pa kami sa daga.

And then, my sister who was my father's Vice President, left with the only money we have, twenty million and until now, missing. Dahil sa inatake si daddy, after learning her sudden disappearance, I felt obligated to stay with him and take care of him, kahit na wala na itong ginawa kundi kontrolin ang buhay ko.

Kahit ang kaisa-isang lalaking minahal ko ng totoo, ay sapilitan kaming pinaghiwalay.

"How about the Martin family?" I asked our lawyer. Matagal naring magkaibigan sila ni daddy. Maybe they could help us save this mansion. I don't care about the banks anymore. There's nothing we could do about it.

"Darrel's family business is slowly sinking, as well. Mr. Martin had to put it in the market bidding. I think the NCM was the highest bidder." Mabilis naman nitong paliwanag. Mas lalo akong naguluhan. Akala ko okay ang business nila?