Chapter 5

"He was angry that George and Mason aren't his. He never really got over the fact that I let you have Riley. When I made him get a fertility test, he lost the plot. Blamed it all on me, even the kids. I had to get them out of there when he smacked me the first time. He isn't drunk or high, he literally just wants to hit me. I'm here now because he lost the plot when I told him I sent the kids away and that I wanted him out." Louis explained short and sweet.

"Did he ever hurt George or Mason?" I asked, clenching my fists tightly.

"No, but they saw him hit me once." He said keeping his gaze away from me.

"He will pay for this." I muttered, watching Louis snap his gaze towards me.

"Don't even try. It will make it worse." He glared but I glared at him back.

"The police are already involved. The doctor called them and they will need me to tell them what happened during the day. I have already told the doctor, so there is nothing you can do about it." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why would you do that?" He asked. I had to think for a bit on how to answer that.

"I'm worried about my children Louis. The longer that man is running around, the more they aren't safe." I said, missing out the part that I am worried about Louis too. He couldn't give a shit about me, I don't want him to see I still care about him. He was silent after that, not saying a word.

"I have organized for George and Mason to go to the same school as Riley. They will get the best education they can receive instead of that assholes knowledge. I can't believe you let him teach the kids at home. How would they make friends and have a life?" I asked, frustrated.

"He controlled us." Louis mumbled but I heard it loud and clear.

"I know that considering you both agreed it would be cool to marry me just for my money! Good job there!" I snapped and he sighed.

"I wouldn't of done it you know. I was just caught up with him that when you came along, I only cared about Steven but it changed after a while but it was to late. I couldn't get out of the deal." Louis said and I rolled my eyes standing up.

"I will be back tomorrow. Get some sleep." I said, walking to the door.

"Harry!" He called and I sighed, turning to face him.

"Thank you... For like saving me..." He said and I nodded before heading out the room and out the hospital before heading home. What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I still care for the person that never ever cared about me? I groaned, parking the car in the garage and heading inside to see my mum sitting with the 3 kids watching Aladdin. 

"Is everything okay?" I asked and my snapped her head towards me and nodded. I smiled and headed into the kitchen, grabbing a shot glass and filling it with vodka and downing it. I filled a second one and downed it just as my mum walked in.

"Harry, you shouldn't be drinking that. You remember what happened when you drank the last time." She said and I rolled my eyes. 

"I just need something to calm me down." I mumbled and she nodded. 

"Going to tell me what is upsetting you?" She asked and I sighed, putting the bottle of vodka back in the top cupboard and the shot glass in the sink. 

"Steven has been hitting Louis. In front of the boys too. I have to go and give a statement to the police tomorrow on what happened today. Louis didn't want me to but I have to because I already told the doctor. I had to look him in the eye and tell him I am doing this for my children safety, and yet I can't dare tell him it is for his safety too." I said, placing my head in my hands and fisting my hair in my hands.

"Harry..." My mum trailed off with a frustrated look. 

"I can't help I still love him mum. Its been years I know but I can't help it! He played my heart so well that I can't seem to get over it!" I muttered, placing my face on the table. 

"Just be careful love. I worry about you. Don't let him in to quickly." She whispered and I sighed, nodding. She kissed my head before saying goodbye to me and the kids before leaving. 

"Daddy, can you watch movies with us?" Riley asks and I smiled, nodding and walking to the lounge, sitting in the middle. Mason and Riley instantly cuddled up to me but George seemed hesitant. I smiled and moved Mason so he was sitting on my lap before pulling George towards me. He smiled slightly at me and I winked. The three of us sat and watched Peter Pan.

"This is dad's favourite movie..." George said and I smiled slightly. 

"I know it is." I said softly. 

"Why did you two split up?" George asked and I sighed, seeing the other two looking at me. 

"We just... I don't know... It just didn't work out I guess." I said and watched George frown before he sat up and pulled something out of his pocket. 

"Dad treasured this photo... He gave it to me before we went to your work place." George said before handing me the photo. My eyes suddenly became watery as I stared at the photo. It was a photo of Louis and I when Riley was born. George sat peacefully on my lap with a curious look. 

"That was the day Riley was born. I remember Louis was so tired and yet he wanted this photo as soon as possible. He wouldn't give up until he got that one perfect photo." I chuckled softly. 

"He told me he will regret what he did to you for the rest of his life. What did he do?" George asked and I stared at the boy sat beside me. Did Louis really say that?

"I think its time for bed guys. You have school in the morning." I said and they groaned, standing up. I walked them up to their rooms, Tucking Riley in first, then Mason and then George.

"Why won't you tell me what dad did?" He asked as I sat down on the bed beside him. 

"Because it was a long time ago. 5 years ago. I don't want to bring up the past." I said, not wanting to tell him exactly. 

"Would you two ever get back together?" George asked and I sighed, standing up and tucking him in. 

"I am afraid not bud." I said and he nodded. 

"Are we going to stay here for live him dad again?" He asked as I went to the door. 

"That is your decision bud. But you won't be going back if Steven is still there. I won't allow it." I said and he smiled, cuddling into his blankets. 

"Thank you." He smiled and I smiled back before closing the door slightly, leaving it open slightly. I checked the other two before going downstairs and cleaning up before heading to bed. I looked at the photo George left on the couch and sighed. We looked so happy there... It made me wonder what the hell happened in my life. I placed the photo onto the coffee table, switching the main lights off and leaving the few lamps on. I climbed up the stairs before changing and climbing into my own bed. I sighed, looking up at the ceiling. The bed was cold and empty and it just reminded me more of what happened in my life. I turned and switched the light off and closing my eyes. 

"Daddy?" I heard and turned to see Riley standing at the door and sat up. 

"What's wrong Hon?" I asked and she walked towards the bed. 

"Am I still your favourite?" She asked quietly and I smiled. 

"You are my only princess. I love you lots." I said wrapping her up in my arms. Suddenly the door open more and Mason and George came in. 

"I love you all equally." I said gesturing for them to join me here. The three wrapped their arms around me and I smiled. I let them lay in my bed that night. They wanted to feel safe so they stayed with me. There is just one person missing in this equation...