Chapter 13

That evening, we all sat around the campfire roasting marshmallows and laughing. The kids were making fun of a story I told them about Louis and I after we got married. We were on our way to the airport when the car broke down. We sat on the side of the highway for hours waiting for a tow truck to come, seeing that we missed our flight completely. That was when Louis got attacked by a rat and locked the rodent in the car.

"Pa! I can't believe you did that?!" Riley said, while the other two were laughing so hard. Louis was blushing with a smile and I chuckled a long with the kids on how silly they were.

"It was going to eat my hair or something! I was not losing my hair to a rodent." Louis whined, making the kids laugh more.

"It was probably because you split that cheese sauce on your shirt before we left!" I said and he chuckled, running his hands through his hair.

"Probably! That was some pretty good food, you have to admit!" He said and I chuckled nodding, remembering the food we had at our reception.

"Did you love each other?" Mason asked and I gulped, seeing Louis freeze beside George.

"I- uh..." Louis trailed off and I sighed.

"Of course we did Mason." I said and he nodded with a frown.

"Then why don't you anymore?" He asked and I sighed.

"Sometimes things don't work out. Some people just fall out of love or pretend to be in love with the other person... Sometimes your heart will tell you one thing and then another, not knowing what it wants..." I said, looking at Louis for a moment before looking down.

"What happened between you two?" Riley asked and I snapped my gaze to look at her. She has never bothered asking me anything like that before.

"Uh... We just... Well..." I stuttered, not really knowing what to say.

"It was my fault. I never really did love you're dad... I love Steven but I realized soon enough it was probably one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made in my life... Especially losing you guys." He said before looking down at his marshmallow.

"Come on, I think its time we all get ready to go to sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow!!" I said standing up and stretching. The kids all ran excitedly to the tents to get ready while Louis and I cleaned up.

"I'm sorry... I know it got awkward there..." Louis said suddenly and I smiled.

"Its fine, I just don't think they are all ready to know what happened... Although I might of explained it to George..." I said and he coughed suddenly.

"You what?!" He said loudly.

"Sorry... I was just angry and upset all at the same time and he wanted to know so I told him." I said and he sighed.

"Yet he is still talking to me..." He said and I nodded.

"He does love you Lou, you are his dad! You looked after him for so many years! Nothing can change that." I said softly and he smiled slightly!

"Papa! Dad!" We both turned and quickly headed into the tent where the kids were sleeping and I smiled seeing the 3 of them in their sleeping bags.

"We ready for bed! Can you tuck us in?" Mason asked and I smiled, kissing each of their heads before moving out the way for Louis to do the same. We both crawled out the tent and I zipped it up tightly before we both walked back to the fire.

"Listen Harry, I actually really want to talk to you..." Louis said softly and I nodded. He took a deep breath before moving closer so we were sitting next to each other.