Chapter 16

I was running around getting ready for work while the kids got themselves ready. Okay so I slept in and now we are rather late. 

"Come on kids!! I hope you are ready!!!" I called down the stairs as I hoped around to get my shoe on, with my tie in my mouth. There was soon a knock on the door and I looked up, before shouting around the tie that it was open. Louis stepped in with a small frown on his face as he looked at me and then smiled. 

"Do you need help?" He asked and I sighed, shaking my head just as the kids came racing down the stairs. 

"Dad, I can't find my history book!!!" George said as he ran into the kitchen.

"Dad!! Mr Cuddles won't fit in my bag!!!" Riley cried next to me. 

"Your history book is in the study George! Riley love you don't need Mr Cuddles to go to school with you. You are a big girl now and he will be waiting for you when you come home." I said bending down to her level. Her bottom lip wobbled and I sighed. 

"What did we say last time?" I whispered and she sighed.

"To be a princess, I need to be brave and strong." She said and I smiled.

"Exactly, and Mr Cuddles will be here to listen how your day went when you get home." I whispered which brought a smile onto her face. She suddenly put the bear down on the 4th step and smiled. 

"Uh Harry, not to alarm you or anything... But you are very late!" Louis said and my eyes widened as I looked at my watch. 

"Shit! I have a meeting in 10 minutes." I said rushing with my tie.

"Listen, I will take the kids to school. You get to your meeting. I will meet you in your office when you are done." Louis said and I smiled gratefully at him. Riley, Mason and George were soon at the door and smiled, kissing them all on the head before pecking Louis' lips and sprinting to my car. 

I ran into the office building, barely greeting the woman at the front desk before taking the elevator and pressing the top floor button several times. I took a deep breath and looked down, running my hand through my hair until I noticed I was missing a shoe? And what the hell did I do to my tie? I quickly sorted my tie out properly and sighed, realizing that I will be late if I stop in my office to change shoes. As soon as the door opened, I froze seeing Liam standing there with a blonde guy. 

"Uh, you missing something?" Liam asked and I groaned as I quickly walked past him. 

"I'm sorry I am late! Kids needed to get ready and all the stuff was lying around and now my receptionist doesn't work for me anymore and Louis needs to get here soon or I will lose the plot!" I said as I searched my office draws for the extra shoes I have. 

"Relax Harry, its okay. Niall and I can wait." Liam said and I gave him a grateful look as I slipped my shoes on. 

"Okay! I think I am sorted now." I said sitting down at my desk. 

"So this is Mr Niall Horan. He is my partner and he wanted to join in the discussion today." Liam said and I nodded, extending my hand to the blonde. He shook my hand before we got started. We discussed a up and coming project they want to invest in. I am a bit skeptical about it but they soon convince me to go a long with it. About an hour and a half later, we stood up and shook hands before I showed them to the elevator. 

"Looking forward to working with you Mr Styles." Niall said and I smiled before heading back to my office and smiling when I saw Louis sitting behind the reception desk. 

"Settled in I see." I said and Louis blushed before standing up. 

"Well y-you were busy with the m-m-meeting so I-I thought I should do something..." He stuttered out and I smiled.