Chapter 26

It has been a month since New Year and let me tell you, this year has started like shit if I am perfectly honest. I have been working on getting this whole problem sorted at the company. Meeting lawyers and talking to investigators and all sorts. I have been leaving home early in the morning and coming home late at night, when the kids are all in bed. Tonight was one of those nights, as I pulled into the driveway at 10:30pm. I saw the only light on in the house was in the living room and I frowned. Usually Louis is asleep by the time I get home.

I stepped into the house, locking the door and putting my bag down by the side table and removing my blazer and tie. I walked into the living room to see Louis sitting there, watching the tv. 

"Hey, what are you still doing up?" I asked softly and he looked at me with a blank look. 

"We need to talk Harry." He said and I nodded, sitting down on the couch beside him and he sighed softly. 

"Harry I know you are busy sorting this problem out and I respect that but you can't keep coming home so late. You are never around when the kids are around. I picked them up from school today and brought them to the office and you didn't come to your office all afternoon. I've just had Riley and Mason in tears before bed because you are not there to tuck them in again. I know you are busy Harry, but please could you at least be home earlier tomorrow? Even if you just come home to tuck them in..." Louis said softly, looking down at his hands and I sighed, knowing he is right. I reached out and took his hand.

"I am sorry Lou. I promise to be home early every night now." I said and he smiled slightly, before resting his head on my shoulder. 

"Are you okay?" I asked softly and he sighed.

"There is something else..." He said and I frowned, pulling away slightly to look at him. 

"Uh... well I am not sure how to say this." He said. I squeezed his hand slightly to let him know he can tell me anything. 

"I think I'm pregnant." He said and I froze, staring at him with wide eyes. 

"What? I thought you said you had a very low chance of getting pregnant again?" I asked softly and he nodded but smiled slightly. 

"They told me that after Riley and yet you got me pregnant with Mason... and then they told me again that I had a low chance and yet... I have the same symptoms as I did with Mason." He said and I frowned, wondering how long has this been going on.

"How long has this been going on for?" I asked and he shrugged. 

"A couple of weeks..." He said and I sighed, being disappointed in myself for not seeing this. 

"I haven't taken a test yet, I sort of want you there when I do..." He said and I nodded quickly. 

"Of course I will be there. When do you want to take the test?" I asked and he smiled slightly before reaching behind the pillow on the couch and bringing out a blue and white box. 

"Now?" He asked and I smiled, nodding before standing up dragging him to our room so he could use the bathroom. 

"I am just going to check the kids quick." I said and he nodded, walking into the bathroom. There could be another baby on the way?! I don't know if I feel nervous or excited. I walked into the hallway and checked on George and then Mason and then Riley, seeing them all fast asleep before walking back into the bedroom and seeing Louis sitting on the bed. I smiled, sitting down next to him and he smiled slightly at me. 

"Hey, it will be okay!" I said and he nodded as he looked down at the timer on his phone. He wrapped his arms around my waist as we waited and the more I sat here with Louis in my arms, the more I wanted this test to come back positive. Soon we heard the timer go off and Louis pulled away from me but didn't move. 

"What do you want it to be?" I asked and he looked down. 

"I don't know... What do you want it to be?" He asked and I smiled. 

"Honestly, I really want it to be positive." I said and he smiled slightly before standing up and fetching the stick. 

"Let's look together?" He asked and I nodded, standing up and standing next to him. He took a deep breath before lifting the stick up to show us what we wanted to know, and I felt my smile grown even more seeing the little plus sign. Louis' breath hitched and I looked at him to see tears in his eyes but a small smile on his face. 

"I'm pregnant..." He said and I smiled, laughing slightly before pulling him into a tight hug. He was laughing and crying at the same time and we pulled away slightly to attach our lips together. 

"Oh my gosh is this happening?" He asked softly and I smiled, nodding my head. 

"Its happening." I said, kissing him again before placing kisses all over his face. 

"Oh goodness, do we have room for another one?" He asked and I frowned, thinking it over before smiling. 

"Leave it to me! Oh my gosh Lou, I love you." I said and he smiled, giggling.

"I love you too!!" He said. Soon we calmed down enough to change and I headed to the kitchen to get something to eat. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, just thinking about the future. I have a lot to plan now, which means I need a new house. As I sat at the kitchen counter, eating my sandwich, a thought came to my mind and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. 

"I am going to ask Louis to marry me." I said to myself. The worries of the company not even bugging me anymore. I was planning my future with my family and I want it to be a proper family. With that thought in my head, I headed up to bed and crawled in next to Louis before wrapping my arm around him and resting my hand on his tummy. He cuddled into me before we both slowly fell asleep, with smiles on our faces.