Chapter 12

The next day, I was packing the car while I waited for the kids to be finished with whatever they were doing. I was excited and a bit nervous about this weekend. When I mentioned that Louis was coming with us, George just stood up and walked to his room. Mason didn't say much and I thought Riley was going to cry. I took my phone out and messaged Louis, saying we would be there to pick him up shortly. 

"Dad..." I heard and turned to see George standing there with his backpack. 

"What's up bud?" I asked and he sighed, before putting his bag into the boot of the Land Rover. 

"Do we really have to go with Papa?" He asked and I sighed.

"George, please give him a chance. I am giving him a chance to prove himself. Please try... It will mean the world to him... Maybe we can fix him and make him the dad I always remember him being..." I said softly and George sighed, looking to the ground.

"Please George... I know you still love and care about him." I said and he nodded slowly before looking up at me.

"Alright I will try. As long as he tries..." He said and I smiled, hugging him tightly. 

"Go help your sister and brother with your tent." I said and he smiled, before running back into the house. The kids wanted their own tents so I am stuck sharing a tent with Louis. Not that I am against it, I just don't want it to be awkward between us. Soon the 3 kids came out and I packed their stuff and their tent before I was locking the house and strapping the kids into the car, Mason having his car seat because we had quite a long drive to the campsite. 

"We picking Papa up now?" Riley asked softly and I smiled at her through the rear view mirror.

"Yes we are! And we are all going to have lots of fun hey." I said and Mason cheered but the other two weren't so thrilled. I soon pulled up to Louis' house and hooted, waiting for him to step out. 

"Please just be nice, he is trying." I said and they all nodded. I caught sight of Louis looking out the window and I sighed, getting out the car and taking the keys to lock it. 

"Don't leave the car!" I said to the kids before locking it. I quickly ran up the steps and opened the door, walking in.

"Louis?" I called, entering the living room where he sat on the floor with his face in his hands. I frowned, quickly walking up to him and sitting on my knees in front of him. He may of hurt me one to many times, but it kills me to see him like this.

"Louis... Lou, look at me." I said softly, taking his hands and pulling them away from his face. He had tears running down his cheeks and his eyes were rimmed red. 

"What's wrong?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Come on Lou, tell me." I said softly.

"I can't face them Harry... I can't... I know they hate me and I don't care what you say. Please I can't do it... They will be better without me in their life." He said, begging me with his eyes.

"No Louis. We have been through this last night. I am not taking no as a answer. Now come on, we are going camping and we are going to have fun this weekend and be a normal family. Ignore the divorce for now and just be my friend. Please, those kids need both their parents..." I said softly, wiping the tears from his eyes and he sighed.

"Come on." I said, standing up before holding my hand out to help him up. He stared at my hand for a minute before finally taking it and getting up. I smiled, walking to the door and grabbing his bag. 

"Lets go! We have a long drive!" I said and he frowned a bit, seeing me with his bag in my hand. I walked out and unlocked the car and put Louis' bag in the back with the rest of our stuff.