Chapter 4

{Character in picture: Pixie Geldof as Carolyn Mills}

{Song in video: Purity Ring - Heartsigh}

"That bastard! I can't believe he went creeping through your phone! That's an invasion of privacy!" Katie exclaimed as she slammed her locker shut.

"I know right? This means war," I said and also slammed my locker shut.

Katie's face lit up.

"What?" I asked and looked confused.

"I have a plan." She smirked.

Mr. Zielinski opened the door of his class. "Stop slamming your lockers," he groaned.

"Stop being a douche," Katie muttered under her breath.

"What was that Miss Daniels?"

"Nothing." She turned to me and whispered, "I'll tell you the plan later."

The bell rang and we walked in class. We went to our assigned seats.

Mr. Zielinski passed around worksheets for us to work on. He was busy grading papers.

While working on the worksheet, Mr. Zielinski said, "Raven I'd like to speak with you."

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and then exhaled. I needed every bit of calmness to keep me from lashing out at him. "Yes Mr. Zielinski?" I said, with an annoyed edge to my tone.

He pointed at the paper he was grading. "Is that a capital letter?" He pointed to a letter that was at the beginning of a sentence.

"Yes obviously..." I gave him a confused look.

"No it's not." He marked it wrong and gave the paper back. I had a 'C' on it, which should have actually been an 'A'. I stomped back to my desk and glared at him.

 ---

"That guy is unbelievable," Katie gritted her teeth as I told her and Carolyn about the worksheet thing. "Which reminds me of my plan. Raven, you know where he lives right?"

I gulped and gave her an uneasy look. "Um yeah he lives in an apartment...why?"

She smirked. "Good." She lowered her voice. "Because I'm thinking that we should sneak in his apartment and prank him."

Me and Carolyn's mouths dropped. "What? No way!" Carolyn exclaimed. "I'm not even part of this. Why should I risk getting in trouble?"

"Yeah...no offense Katie but that's a little over the top," I said.

Katie rolled her eyes. "Don't be such wusses. He's treating us unfairly by giving us bad grades and always targeting us. We need to get him back."

I thought about it for a while. It actually didn't seem as bad since he actually deserved it. "Okay I'm with you but how will we get him back? I don't want to do anything too crazy."

Katie laughed. "Don't worry we won't blow up his apartment or anything. We'll just move his stuff around, you know, mess around with him."

"That doesn't seem too bad. I'm in." I couldn't believe what I was saying. If it was any other circumstance, then I definitely wouldn't do this.

"Awesome! Now all we need is Carolyn." Me and Katie gave her the puppy-dog face.

Carolyn scoffed, "Pssh if you think that's going to work on me then you clearly don't know me." She crossed her arms.

Katie's face turned into a crazy grin.

"What with that face?" She looked confused. I had to keep myself from laughing because whenever Katie had that look, that means you were in trouble.

"Well I just know a certain someone...YOU...that likes Johnny..."

Carolyn gasped. "You wouldn't..."

"Oh but I would." She smirked.

"You wouldn't dare tell him. You're not that messed up."

"Oh really? Then you clearly don't know me." She had an evil laugh.

"Fine I'll do it! I can't believe you're blackmailing me though."

"Cool. Now we have to figure out when we'll do it."

"How about next weekend?"

"Sounds good to me," I said and then looked at Carolyn.

"Me too. I don't have any plans next weekend." She gave Katie an annoyed look, but Katie just grinned.

All of a sudden, I saw Jace coming up to us. "Hey," he said as he sat at our table.

Carolyn gave us a 'who's this hot guy' look.

"Hey Jace," I said to him and smiled.

"Hey," Katie said to him.

"I was wondering if you all would like to go to the mall this weekend, and you know, hang out," Jace said. He looked over at Carolyn. "Hey I'm Jace, what's your name?"

"Hey...my name's Carolyn," she said shyly and brushed some of her hair back.

"Nice to meet you Carolyn. You're also invited to hang out with us of course." He grinned at her. "My friend Eric will also be there."

"Oh okay cool," I said.

"Well I'll see you all later. I'll text the day and time later." He walked off.

Me, Katie, and Carolyn looked at each other, grinned, and then squealed. 

**********

A/N: What do you think of Raven, Katie, and Carolyn of pranking Mr. Zielinski? Think Mr. Zielinski's gone too far?

By the way, when Mr. Zielinski asks Raven if the letter at the beginning of the sentence was a capital letter and then marked it wrong...Yup I had that same exact experience happen to me. It was my Freshman English teacher who hated me xD

READ

VOTE 

COMMENT