Chapter 8

{Character in picture: Keke Palmer as Delancey Jones}

{Song in video: The Letter Black - Fire With Fire}

Today was finally the day of the getting revenge on Mr. Zielinski thing. I decided to have a sleepover and Katie added more adventures onto the list, besides the Mr. Zielinski revenge thing. Carolyn had asked if it was okay if Delancey slept over and I okayed it. Currently, Katie handed us the list of what we were going to do.

"This list is crazy!" I exclaimed when I read Katie's list. It said:

1. Hide in Eric's closet and wear creepy white contacts and scare him. (Delancey)

2. Swim in Doctor James' pool. (Carolyn)

3. Break into Mr. Zielinski's apartment and get revenge on him (Raven and Katie)

4. Go inside an abandoned building alone. (Katie)

5. Walk around downtown in our onsies. (Everyone)

"Yeah it is! Who the heck is Doctor James?" Carolyn said, scrunching her face in confusion.

"My mom's boyfriend who is also our doctor," I replied.

"Um Katie why do you want me to hide in your boyfriend's closet and scare him? And why are we breaking into a teacher's house? Do you know where he lives?" Delancey asked. She didn't know about me and Mr. Zielinski. I didn't want her to know because I didn't know her very well.

Katie rolled her eyes. "Come on it'll be fun and awesome. Yes we know where he lives and he keeps targeting me and Raven in class so now we're getting our revenge!"

Delancey looked confused. "But what if you get caught?"

"I'll be sure that we won't." She smirked.

"I get to swim in a doctor's pool woo-hoo!" Carolyn interrupted.

"You all have the easy stuff! I have to break into someone's house!" I whined.

"I'll be there with you Rave," Katie said. "Don't back down now! We have to get our revenge, remember?"

I sighed.

All of a sudden, the oven beeped and I took out the pancake poppers that we baked.

"Mmm it smells good," Delancey said.

"We should do this list now. It's already 5:30," Katie said.

"Ugh okay fine. I'll tell my mom we're just going to hang out somewhere," I said. Even though my mom was pretty much laid-back and chill, she wouldn't want any of us to swim in Doctor James' pool without permission or break into a teacher's house.

I went to my mom and said, "Hey mom, we're going to go hang out at the park for a while."

"Oh okay. I'll be going to Doctor James house. It's the first time he invited me over," my mom said and grinned.

"Aw that's sweet. Well we're going to go now. Have fun!"

We walked out of the door and got into my car. I turned to my friends. "My mom said she's going to Doctor James' house. What should we do?"

"We're sticking to the plan," Katie said. "Besides it's only Carolyn swimming in the pool. They'll probably be inside."

"Wait...her mom and Doctor James will be at that house?" Carolyn asked, looking uncomfortable.

Katie rolled her eyes. "You're not backing out of this. You're going to be fine. We'll keep look out for you."

"Okay first stop, Eric's house," I said and started to drive.