Chapter 21

{Song in video: Nine Lashes - Anthem Of The Lonely}

The bell rang after 4th period and I had to talk to the teacher for a few minutes after class because I had a few questions. Everyone else had went to lunch and I knew teachers get to the cafeteria about ten minutes after students. I peeked in the hallway and made sure Mr. Zielinski wasn't out in the hallway. It was clear and I let out a sigh of relief and walked in the hallway to the cafeteria.

"Raven!" I heard a voice call after me. I knew that voice from anywhere. I turned around and saw Mr. Zielinski.

I picked up my speed and jogged. Ugh and I just checked the hallway too...

"Raven Valentine I know you heard me," I heard Mr. Zielinski picking up the pace so I ran to the girls' restroom.

"Real mature Raven! You know we will have to talk about this..." I heard him yell from the hallway.

What the hell does he want from me?

I texted Katie to bring me lunch in the bathroom and she came a few minutes later.

"Yo what's up with you? Why are you in the bathroom?" Katie asked.

"Mr. Zielinski...he called after me and chased me in the hallway and I just went in here," I said.

Katie busted out laughing.

"What?" I said and looked serious.

"You ran away from Mr. Zielinski! Oh God Raven why don't you just get it over with and talk to him already. You're torturing yourself!"

"No he's torturing me by dating my mom."

Katie sighed. "I know this is difficult but please stop being so stubborn. By the way he's waiting out there..."

"Well then I'll stay here for the rest of my life. I'll just order pizzas and water to survive."

Katie rolled her eyes. "No you're going to go out there and talk to him. If you don't then I'll send Jace your embarrassing Snapchat pictures."

"So?"

"Then I'll eat your lunch." She took a bite out of the pizza.

"Katie stop it. I'm hungry!" I said and grabbed it from her.

"Then I'll do this." She grabbed it from me and threw it on the ceiling.

"What the hell Katie! That was my lunch! I'm so hungry!" The pizza got stuck on the ceiling.

"Go talk to him or all your future lunches will end up there!"

I grabbed her pizza and threw it. Unfortunately I threw it in the direction of the door and Mr. Zielinski had opened it. The pizza hit his face and fell down.

"Oh my God what are you doing in here!" I exclaimed. "You shouldn't be in here!"

"I really need to talk to you Raven. Just stop running away and hear me out," Mr. Zielinski said and wiped off his face.

Katie laughed and said, "You just got pimp-slapped by a pizza."

I laughed too and he said, "You think this is funny? You two better settle down." He looked really annoyed.

All of a sudden the pizza from the ceiling fell on his head.

We were silent for a few moments and then Katie burst out in hysterical laughter. "You got hit by two pizzas!" She cackled. I nudged her warningly but she didn't care.

He closed his eyes and looked down. "Why was there a pizza on the ceiling?" He said quietly sounding very serious.

"I threatened Raven to talk to you so I threw her pizza. You should thank me," Katie said after she calmed down from laughing hysterically.