Chapter 29

{Characters in picture: Sandra Bullock as Kathy Sawyer & Hugh Jackman as Pat Sawyer (Mrs. & Mr. Sawyer)}

{Song in video: Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles}

Since Jace had already met my parents, Jace's parents decided it was my turn to meet them. I felt nervous about it. I got into my car and drove to Jace's house. I got out of the car and rang the doorbell.

The door opened. "Hey you must be Jace's girlfriend, Raven," a lady, I assumed to be Jace's mom, said. She had medium-length straight brown hair and wore a long-sleeved black shirt and gray pants. "Come on in."

I walked in. "Hey," I said and gave her a shy smile.

"I'm Jace's mom, Kristen Sawyer." She smiled and gave me a hug. "You're very gorgeous. I love your hair!"

I grinned. "Thanks and it's nice to meet you Mrs. Sawyer."

She waved her hand. "Oh you can call me Kristen."

A man with short brown hair walked up to us. "Hello Raven, I'm Pat," he said and shook my hand. "I'm Jace's dad." He wore a black flannel shirt and blue jeans.

"Hey and it's nice to meet you," I said, while shaking his hand.

Jace came up to us and grinned. "Hey," he said.

Jace's parents went to the kitchen and we followed them. We put chicken and macaroni onto our plates.

"Jace has told me a lot about you," Kristen said. Jace's face flushed.

"Oh really?" I said and smiled.

"Yes. He told me how nice, sweet, and gorgeous you are and he was correct. As soon as he met you, he couldn't stop talking about you-"

"Mom," Jace groaned and I laughed.

"What? It's true. I had to nudge him to get him to ask you out a few months ago."

Jace buried his face in his hands. I laughed even more.

"So you're a music lover and artist."

"Yup that's me."

"What do you like listening to?" Pat asked.

"I like all kinds of music. Metal, rock, pop, techno, electronica, R&B, hip-hop, rap, Korean pop, Japanese pop and rock, classical, oldies. Basically everything but country."

"Really? It's always good when someone has a wide variety of taste in music."

We talked about music for a while. After we ate, we had chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

"Mmm the food here was delicious," I said as I devoured my cookie.

"Thank you," Kristen smiled. She turned to Jace. "You better not ever break Raven's heart, Jace. This is your warning." I burst out laughing.

"I won't mom," Jace said and he put his arm around me.

Kristen gasped. "Of course! I have to get a picture of you two!" She quickly went off to get a camera.

Pat rolled his eyes. "Mothers," he mumbled and we laughed.

She got back and took pictures of me and Jace posing together. "You two look so cute together! I'm going to get a copy of these pictures," she said. She turned to Pat. "Pat, take some pictures with the three of us."

Pat sighed. "Okay." He took a few pictures of us.

Kristen scurried back to him. "Now of you three." She took a few pictures of us with Pat.

I couldn't help but laugh. Kristen looked so excited to get pictures of us.

"Okay now all of us together," Kristen said as she put the camera on auto. She quickly rushed to us and we waited for the camera to flash and take a picture of us. She looked at the picture. "Wonderful!"

"I think that's plenty of pictures Kristen," Pat laughed.

"I'm sorry if I seem a little strange. I just love having photos of good memories."

Jace face-palmed. "You overdo it sometimes mom. We must have taken a hundred pictures," he groaned.

"Better than having zero." She smiled.

For the rest of the time,we talked, laughed, and played some board games. Jace's parents were very friendly and awesome.    

**********

A/N: Ooh, now Raven's turn to meet Jace's parents! What do you think of them? 

By the way, Raven is a character that is a bit similar to me in personality. We both love the same music and shows, act somewhat similar (except I'd do some things differently if it were me in certain situations and she's really artsy and I'm not unfortunately ._.)

READ

VOTE

COMMENT