Chapter 13

{Character in picture: Georgia Faggi as Gwyneth "Gwen" Drew}

{Song in video: Aly & AJ - Like Whoa}

I had Katie over to help me repaint the attic with blacklight glow in the dark paint. "Like Whoa" by Aly & AJ played in the background.

"This is going to be awesome," Katie said as we were painting.

"I know right? I can't wait until it's done," I said.

"So how was the carnival with Jace? I hope me and Eric didn't intrude too much. I didn't think about that until afterwards."

"It was good and you're fine Katie. I don't think Jace minded. If you're at a carnival you will see people you know over there obviously. I'm pretty sure the whole town goes there."

"Oh okay. So how did he act? Did he hug, kiss, or hold your hand or anything?"

"We held hands and hugged but no kiss yet. It was only our first date."

"That's a good sign. Yeah usually there's no kissing on first dates especially if you don't know each other super well."

"Yeah that makes sense."

"Hey what was with you and Mr. Zielinski yesterday? I saw him keep looking at you and Jace sometimes. And the way he looked at you in the bounce castle..." She started to laugh.

"Oh...uh yeah. I don't know what was with that."

"You need to tell him."

"Tell him what?"

Katie shot me a look. "Tell him you're with Jace now. He's going to keep doing that because he's trying to figure out if you're with him."

"I don't know...it's not like he asked or anything. He'll find out sooner or later from someone. He's a teacher at our school after all. I don't want to go up to him and say, "Oh yeah by the way I'm dating Jace." It'll be weird and uncomfortable."

"True...but that wouldn't be fair to Jace. Not saying you should tell Jace about Mr. Zielinski but you should tell Mr. Zielinski about Jace at least."

"I'll tell him sometime, just not yet. You know what's weird? Mr. Zielinski is like EVERYWHERE."

"Do you think he's stalking you?"

I burst out laughing. "No he's not that type of guy. He's not crazy. If anything he would be wondering that about us since we broke into his house and all that."

"Oh yeah true. It was funny how Eric told him he can hang out with us. That'd be hilarious if Mr. Zielinski became good friends with Eric and Jace. Like they'll play video games, skateboard, and do other dude stuff."

I gave her a horrified look. "Oh God I hope not! That'll be weird," I said and smacked her arm for saying that. She laughed.

My phone buzzed. "Ooh you should answer that text. What if it's Jace?" Katie said.

"But I'm all messy..." I said and showed her my hands. She grabbed a towel and threw it at me.

I wiped paint off my hands and looked at my phone. Jace texted me, Had a great time at the carnival yesterday :). Was wondering if you wanted to go eat out somewhere sometime later today?

I texted back: I had a great time too! And yeah sure, what did you have in mind? :)

Jace: Anywhere you like! Your turn to choose :P