Chapter 7

{Character in picture: Jake Hold as Eric Thomas}

{Song in video: Escape The Fate - Situations}

"Oh my God these speakers are hella awesome!" Katie yelled.

"I know!" I said. I turned on my iPod and played different songs on shuffle.

"Man these are great!" Me and Katie jammed out.

I pulled up to the parking lot and parked my car. We walked out of the car.

"I can't believe Jace did this for you, especially for free! You two need to date like ASAP!" Katie said excitedly.

"I know right?" I said while we walked in Mr. Zielinski's class,"And my mom met him. She even told him he was sexy and felt his abs."

"OH MY GOD HE TOOK OFF HIS SHIRT?! YOUR MOM SAID HE WAS SEXY AND FELT HIS ABS?! Your mom is freakin' awesome! I always miss the good stuff! Ugh next time take a picture!" Katie shouted. The entire class stared at us, including Mr. Zielinski, who raised an eyebrow at us.

My face flushed. "Katie! Keep your voice down!" I hissed.

Katie looked around. "Oh...I was talking about a movie," she said to the class.

"Sure you were," Eric piped up, "I know you two are talking about Jace. He told me about it."

"Oh shut up," Katie teased.

"WHAT?!" I shouted this time. Jace told Eric about what my mom said and did? Talk about embarrassing!

"Katie and Raven, there will be no yelling in the classroom. Use your indoor voices, I swear I feel like I'm talking to kindergartners," Mr. Zielinski snapped and had a stern look. We were silent for the rest of the class, and I accidentally ended up falling asleep. When the bell rang, it woke me up.

"What?" I said to myself as I got up. I rubbed my face and head. Did I fall asleep?

Mr. Zielinski was glaring at me. "Come to my class after school," was all he said.

I was too tired at the moment to say anything so I grabbed my stuff and left.

---

I gulped and walked into Mr. Zielinski's classroom after the final bell rang. "Look I'm sorry I feel asleep in class earlier...I didn't realize I did-" I started to say.

"You missed the assignment today. You know you have a low average in my class right?" He said sharply.

"I know but English is one of my best-"

"You need to try harder. I'll be having a tutoring class after school on some days."

Why? So you can torture me even more? "Thanks but no thanks. I can do it on my own." I gave him an annoyed look.

All of a sudden Jace opened the door. "Oh hey Raven The Pixie Dream Girl," Jace said and smiled. "It was cool hanging out with you the other day. It was cool meeting your mom too." He laughed and pat my head. "I heard you jamming this morning. Those speakers are awesome right?"

"Yeah it was...and yeah I love the speakers..." I said nervously, glancing at Mr. Zielinski and back at him. "Well I should get going."

"Hey before you go I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime soon."

I nervously glanced at Mr. Zielinski and back at Jace and said, "Um yeah sure, that would be cool." I forced a smile.

"Cool. By the way that was the first time any mom has called me sexy and felt my abs. I mean that in a good way though." He grinned at me and chuckled.