Chapter 15

{Song in video: Beck - Dreams}

"Well that must have been awkward," Katie said as we walked into Mr. Zielinski's class. I had told her about what happened at tutoring, after she had left.

"Yeah it was! I'm pretty sure he was jealous," I said.

"He had his chance but he decided not to continue the relationship because of his job. He shouldn't make you feel weird about it. He's acting all immature and annoying again." She crossed her arms.

"I know but to be honest I would probably do the same thing if he was with someone else."

For the first 20 minutes we did a worksheet on "The Giver" but then the announcements came on. "This is your principle Mr. Levine. The juniors are dismissed for an assembly at this time," Mr. Levine said on the intercom.

We got our stuff and went to the auditorium. Jace, me, Katie, Eric, Carolyn, Johnny, Delancey, and Carl sat in the 2nd from back row. I glanced around and noticed Mr. Zielinski was sitting right behind me.

After everyone settled in and sat down Mr. Levine spoke in the microphone. He droned on about drugs, alcohol, relationships, friendships, etc. while me and my friends were goofing around.

"I'm going to sleep now," Katie said and covered her face with her cap and put her legs up on the chair in front of her.

"Katie put your legs down and take off your cap," Mr. Zielinski scolded her from the row behind us.

"Ughhh." She took hot Cheetos out of her bag and started to eat them. She gave some to me and the rest of the group.

Mr. Zielinski grabbed Katie's hot Cheeto bag and said, "Katie you will get this after the assembly. Please behave."

"But Mr. Zielinski I'm hungry," she whined.

"So is everyone else." He took a bite from her bag.

"Ugh no fair!"

Jace put his arm around me. I felt Mr. Zielinski staring through me from behind.

"Jace can I have some of your M&M's?" Katie asked.

"Why would you think I have M&M's?" Jace said.

"Because Raven told me about the M&M thing. Now gimme!"

"Sorry it's only for throwing at Raven when she sticks out her tongue." He shrugged and laughed.

"Quick Raven stick out your tongue!"

"I will not," I said and laughed. She grabbed my face and tried opening my mouth. "What the hell Katie! Get off of me!" I shrieked and pushed her away.

"I'm hungry!" Katie whined. "This is all Mr. Zielinski's fault. He took my food."

"You all need to quiet down before you get detention," Mr. Zielinski warned us.

We all gave Katie a look. "Babe just calm down," Eric said while putting his arm around her and kissed her.

"Mr. Zielinski she gets crazy when she doesn't have her food," Carolyn said.

"I can tell. But rules are rules," Mr. Zielinski said. He tried to look annoyed but he was slightly amused.

I turned to Jace and said, "Hey I'm going to use the bathroom. I'll be right back." I got up and went outside and sat on a bench. I needed to get away from the Mr. Zielinski awkwardness for at least a few minutes.

Unfortunately, Mr. Zielinski came outside too and sat next to me.

"What are you doing?" Mr. Zielinski asked me.

"WelI I just wanted to relax for a few minutes but I guess I can't," I said and gave him an annoyed look.

"I'm sorry. I mean the you and Jace thing caught me by surprise that's all." He grabbed my hand and held it. He looked sad.

"Tyler you told me we can't." I took my hand away.

"Have you two kissed yet?"

I looked down and shook my head. I looked back up at him. He gazed into my eyes. I knew that look. He leaned closer to me. "Tyler we can't do this. I have a boyfriend and we're on campus. Anybody could see us!" I stopped him.

"Yeah you're right...I'm such an idiot," he said and scratched his head. "Um I'm going back inside now." His face flushed and he walked back inside the auditorium. I waited a few more minutes and then headed back in.

"Yo Rave do you have a tampon or pad?" Katie asked as soon as I sat down. Jace, Eric, Carolyn, Delancey, Carl, and Johnny laughed and looked around awkwardly.

"Wow Katie say that any louder would you," I snapped.

"Pssh sorry...I know I'm about to start. That's why I'm so hungry all the time right now." Doesn't she ever get embarrassed?

I sighed. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap and yes I have a pad." I quickly gave her a pad and she got up to go to the bathroom.

By that time, Mr. Levine was done with the assembly and we were dismissed to our 3rd period class.

"Okay Mr. Zielinski I need those hot Cheetos," Katie said to him as we walked out.

"Here ya go," Mr. Zielinski said and gave it to her, "Oh Raven you have something in your hair." He slowly brushed some of my hair back and touched my arm. I gave him an annoyed look.

"Hey I'll see you later," Jace said and hugged me.

"Okay," I said and smiled. Mr. Zielinski scoffed and walked off.

---

"Hey Jace do you want to eat lunch somewhere more private? Maybe over there," I said and pointed at the woods next to the school. I just didn't want Mr. Zielinski to intrude on us again.

"Yeah that would be great," Jace said and grinned. We took our food over there and sat by some trees.

"I don't know about you but I love going into the woods and forests," I said, "it's great to come here to relax."

"Yeah those places are great. Are you okay? You did seem a bit stressed out earlier," Jace said looking concerned.

"I'm fine. I guess school is a bit stressful but it is to everyone at some point. I'll be okay."

Jace put his arms around me. We gazed into each other's eyes. He leaned in and we kissed.

When we stopped I grinned and said, "I feel a lot more relaxed now."

"I'm glad to have helped you." He grinned back and then we kissed some more.

A few minutes later we heard the bell ring from the campus and we walked to our classes.

**********

A/N: What are you all thinking of Mr. Zielinski now? I think he's an idiot for acting flirty with Raven on campus, that dimwit >.< Anyone can look out of the window or walk outside and notice him almost kissing Raven.

Also, Jace and Raven finally kissed, yay! ♥ Do you ship them?