Chapter 12

{Song in video: Melanie Martinez - Carousel}

The rest of the week flew by fast. It was finally Saturday, the day of the carnival. For some weird reason, I was thinking of Mr. Zielinski, but I shook my head and somehow got him off my mind.

I got ready and put on a gray long-sleeved sweater shirt and jeans since it was a little chillier. I put on my black winged eyeliner and red lipstick. I clipped my short hair back.

"Ugh I want to go to the carnival," my mom said, "but Lawrence can't go this weekend."

"You can go with some of your friends," I suggested.

"I just wanted some freakin' funnel cake."

"Well I can get you some freakin' funnel cake." We both laughed.

"So how are you getting there? Are you going to meet Jace there or is he picking you up?"

"He'll pick me up, probably within a few minutes." It was already 6:00. I felt nervous since this was an actual date.

The doorbell rang and I answered it. "Hey," I said and grinned, "you can come on in for a few minutes."

"Hey," he said and smiled. He handed me a few red roses.

"Oh my gosh they're so pretty. You didn't have to."

"I know but I wanted to." He grinned at me.

"Hello Jace, and I'll take those," my mom said and took the roses and put it in the vase.

"Hello Ms. Valentine," he said.

"Boy you know you can call me Selena." She jokingly winked at him.

I got my purse. "Well I'm ready to go if you are."

He smiled and nodded and we walked to his car. He turned on his iPod and played "Stardust" by Gemini Syndrome.

"If you don't like the songs just let me know and I'll change it," he said.

"I actually love this song. I love all kinds of music," I said.

"That's cool. Hey you're not singing and dancing all crazy."

I laughed and blushed. "I only do that when I'm by myself or with Katie."

"Aw not for me?" He laughed.

"No sorry I don't want to scare you away." I laughed.

"So have you been to any concerts?"

"Yeah. I've seen Crown The Empire, Bring Me The Horizon, Of Mice & Men, Circa Survive, Silverstein, Attila, Palisades, Dance Gavin Dance, Four Year Strong, The Story So Far, Asking Alexandria, and of course been to Warped Tour and have seen a lot of other bands."

His mouth dropped. "Damn that's a lot of concerts. I've only seen maybe half that amount. I've seen Bring Me The Horizon, Of Mice & Men, Attila, August Burns Red, and I went to Warped Tour last year."

"That's a good amount. I know Arctic Monkeys are supposed to be performing in town sometime soon. I still have to purchase tickets. Do you listen to them?"

"Yeah I do. They're pretty good."

"Well we can go to their concert together if you want. Katie wants to go and she's going to tell Eric about it."

"Yeah that'll be cool." He grinned.

We arrived and he parked the car. "So what do you want to do first?" he asked.

"Um...let's go in the mirror house," I said.

We walked inside and the first thing I did was bump into the mirrors. It hurt since I tried to run full speed. "Ouch..." I said and immediately felt embarrassed.