Chapter 26

{Character in picture: Alice Greczyn as Ms. Alaina Ferguson}

{Song in video: Arctic Monkeys - Arabella}

"Are you ready for the concert?" I asked Katie.

"Hell yeah I'm so excited!" Katie exclaimed.

We were wearing black and white Arctic Monkeys t-shirts and black jeans. We walked out and went in the car.

"I'm glad that I'm going to an Arctic Monkeys concert with my bestest friend ever. The greatest best friend Katie Daniels!" I exclaimed.

Katie looked at me suspiciously. "Why are you sounding weird? You only do that when something not so great happens. Tell me Rave." The truth is, Jace invited Eric to the concert too since they're both best friends. I didn't want to tell Katie until the actual day so she wouldn't be as upset about it.

"Um well...Jace sort of invited Eric too..."

"What? You just now tell me this? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I don't know but I love you my bestest greatest friend in the world!" I grinned at her.

"Ugh Raven." She had her arms crossed and looked annoyed.

"Aw come on. You're going to an Arctic Monkeys concert. That sounds fun right?"

She scoffed and didn't say anything.

We got to the concert and went inside.

"Hey," Jace said as we walked to him, Chris, and Eric.

"Hey," I said and smiled. We all sat down.

"Hey Katie," Eric said to her.

"Hi," she mumbled and had her arms crossed again.

"Hey Katie...you okay?" Chris asked her.

"Oh...uh...I'm fine." She quickly faked a grin.

"Oh okay. I'll get a drink of water but I'll be right back." He went over to the drinks' section.

"I'm taking that Raven just now told you I was coming?" Eric asked her.

"Yup." She still had her arms crossed and didn't make eye contact with him.

"I'm sorry," I mouthed to her and winced.

Katie flicked me off. I rolled my eyes and tried not to laugh. I knew she was going to get over it once the concert starts.

Chris got back and noticed what happened. "What's going on?" He asked and laughed.

Katie didn't say anything.

I motioned him to come a few feet away from her, making sure she's out of earshot. "It's a long complicated story..." I started to say to him.

"I've got time."

"Okay fine. So that guy Eric is Katie's ex. A few weeks ago we went to a party and he got drunk and made out with Madison Lock. Katie saw and she was pissed. She has been really cold toward Eric."

"Oh...wow. And let me guess...You didn't tell Katie that he was coming?"

"No..." I shrugged.

Chris laughed. "Aw man you better watch your back. She's going to get you."

"I really hope not. I'm sure she'll have fun once the concert starts." I laughed.

The lights dimmed down and the Arctic Monkeys walked on stage.

"Okay are you all ready to get this concert started?" Alex Turner said in the microphone. The crowd roared and clapped.

The band played "Arabella" first. Me and Jace recorded the song on our phones. Chris took pictures and Katie danced. Eric was bobbing his head up and down.

"I love the name Arabella," I said to Jace.

"Yeah me too it's really pretty," Jace said. "But I love the name Raven too." He smiled at me and I blushed.

The next song they played was "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?"

Jace put his arms around me as we swayed back and forth, Chris and Katie danced and sang along to it, and Eric was recording it.

"This is one of my favorites by them," Jace said to me.

"Mine too!" I agreed.

"Knee Socks" was played after that.

After a few more songs the concert went on intermission.

"What do you all think of the concert so far?" Jace asked us.

"It's amazing!" I exclaimed.

"I know right?" We went over and got a few bottles of water. I glanced over at Katie and she looked much happier than before the concert. Her and Chris were talking and laughing. I let out a sigh of relief.

Thankfully at that moment the Arctic Monkeys were back on stage and performed the rest of the concert.

After it ended Katie said, "Well I had a lot of fun." She grinned.

"I did too," I said.

While we walked out we saw Mr. Zielinski and Ms. Ferguson, who's my history teacher.

"Hey my two favorite teachers," Chris said.

"So did you two enjoy the concert?" I asked. I finally felt comfortable around Mr. Zielinski. It wasn't as weird and uncomfortable anymore.

"We sure did," Mr. Zielinski said and grinned.

"It was amazing," Ms. Ferguson said.

"Don't forget to do your homework tonight," Mr. Zielinski joked and we laughed.

We walked to our cars and left.

**********

A/N: What do you all think of Arctic Monkeys? Like them or no? If so, what's your favorite song by them? I personally love them ♥. My favorites are: Arabella, Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?, and Knee Socks. Any of you ever had the privilege going to their concert? Unfortunately, I haven't :( but I'd love to!

READ

VOTE

COMMENT