Chapter 12

"I didn't say that" I tried to play it off.

"I just heard you" Jack says.

"Oh is that my Christmas present?" Starr says changing the subject and I thanked her mentally.

"Yes, this is for you and this one is for-" I said handing her a small box and taking a look at Jack. "Jack" I said holding out the larger box.

"Let's go" he simply said walking out the door.

I followed him with the box in my hand.

He went to the back door and stopped.

"Close your eyes" he said.

I did as told slightly peaking.

"Stop I see you" he said coming behind me and putting his hands to cover my eyes. I lightly chuckle. I felt him lead us somewhere then drop his hands.

"Okay now open" he said and I opened my eyes to see a tree full of lanterns with a table set with four chairs with roses on the table and a long flowing red carpet to match with lanterns surrounding the table.

"Omg Jack when did you make this" I asked my mouth making an o-shape.

"Well he had a little help from me" Matt said bring Starr with him. She had the same reaction I did.

"This is for us" she asked.

"Well we only have 2 special girls in our lives" Jack said taking my hand and leading me to the seat next to him. Matt did the same with Starr.

Then they rushed back into the house and brought back plates of food.

"This food is brought you by chef Johnson" Matt said applauding.

"And the course was hand pick by your very own Master Chef Matt who was afraid to touch the pickles" Jack said which earned him a punch in the arm from Matt.

"You weren't supposed to tell them that, I wasn't afraid I just don't like them" he said blushing.

I watch Starr as her face light up from her boys red cheeks.

"And that's why I love you" she said and he smiled.

"Can we eat now I'm starving" I asked.

We finished eating the stake, mash potatoes, and French fries. I know gourmet right.

Then the boy brought us to the beach and we watched the sunset. Starr and Matt went into the water as Jack and I stayed on dry land.

"We should do this more often" Jack said as we sat in the now cool Friday air.

"I like today but you still need to open your present" I said getting up and searching in my bag for the light box. When I found it I handed it to him.

"What is it?" He asked shaking the box.

"Open it and find out" I told him.

He opened the box and his light up inside were three plan tickets to Nebraska. Jack had been saying how he was home sick lately and now he had a chance to go home for a week.

"Christina this cost a fortune, you didn't have to do this" I told him.

"It was my pleasure and besides owning a coffee shop helps" I told him playing it cool. He hugged me tightly.

"Thank you" he said letting go. "Now let's see this ones for me, this ones for Gilinsky, and the last ones for you" he tells me handing me a ticket.

"What no I couldn't possibly do that" I told him.

"Yes you can we have one more week of break before we go back to school so yes your going even if I have to pack for you myself" he tells me.