Chapter 16

"Ms. Edwards please just breath in and out" a nurse beside me tried but I was past the point of listening the pain was unbearable. I squeezed Shawn's hand tighter with each contraction but he didn't seem to mind he just looked at me in awe.

"You're so beautiful" he said and I bursts into a laughing fit.

"Shawn I'm sweating like a pig, I'm yelling like crazy and the first words you can make out is I'm so beautiful" I told him.

"Babe, babe I'm here" Jack said running through the door.

"You called him" I asked.

"It's his child too he deserves to know" Shawn said and I threw my head back on the pillow.

The nurses stop at the door.

"Only one of you can pass at this point so who's the father" the nurse asked.

"We are" they said in unison.

"Well pick one of you" the nurse said tapping her foot.

"Well you got to drive her here let me cut the umbilical cord" Jack tried.

"Oh no that's not fair that's a father's glory moment" Shawn said.

"Are you sure both of us can't come in" Jack asked.

"Just bring both of them" I told her.

"I can't do that please pick one" she told me.

"Ugh Shawn lets go" I told her before my brain could catch up.

I watched as the door closed on Jack's very stunned and hurt face.

"Why'd you pick me?" Shawn asked.

"You're better in these situations" I said simply shrugging.

"Do you want epidural" the nurse asked.

"No" I said shaking my head and Shawn looked at me like I was crazy.

"This is going to hurt" he tried.

"I know" I told him.

"A lot" he said again.

"I know" I told him again.

"Twice" he said for the last time.

"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes I get it your worried but I assure you it's all going to be fine now stop worrying" I told him as a contradiction hit and I grabbed my stomach.

"Get them out" I yelled.

"Okay push" doctor Kirkland said as Johnson rushed through the door.

"you wouldn't start without me would you" he said with a smile.

"They let you through" Shawn asked fist bumping him.

"After I explained the situation and doctor Kirkland came and got me yeah" he said smiling at her.

"Let's begin shall we" she said and I instantly starting pushing.

"I see a head" doctor Kirkland yelled.

The first to come out was a girl which Shawn cut the umbilical cord for the next was a boy whom Jack very happily cut the cord for.

After the long period I rested and woke up to the boys filling out paperwork.

"How are they" I asked sheepishly.

"They're okay, sleeping actually" Johnson said rolling over the twins to me.

"I named her Aaliyah I that's okay" Shawn said pointing to our daughter.

"And I named him Celeb" Jack told me pointing to the sleeping not on the right.

"I thought you wanted Summer and Jackson" I told them.

"Summer is to clique plus you wanted to name her after my sister and I guess she's going to grow up like you so Aaliyah it is" Shawn told me scratching his head.

"And I'm tried of names that start with J in my family and Celeb just seemed to match his face so" Jack told me with a smile.

"Okay that's fine" I told them smiling. I tried to sit up but there was an intense pain in my lower abdomen.

"Agh I wouldn't try that if I were you" Jack told me helping me back down.

"I told you to get the epidural giving birth is a bitch" Shawn said giving a smirk but there was worry in his eyes.

What was he worried about?

"Ms. Edwards what would you like to eat" A nurse asked walking into the room.

"Um I'm not really hungry" I told her as she nodded and walked back out.

"You should eat something Christina" Jack told me stroking my hair.

"I'm okay" I told him.

"No really Chris eat something" Shawn told me.

"Okay I understand I just gave birth to your children but you guys don't have to watch over me like a child I can make my own decisions and I say I'm not hungry got it" I told them and the boys took a step back.

"Got it" they say as I ringed up a nurse.

"Yes Ms. Edwards" the same nurse from before said walking through the door.

"Yeah on second thought can I have some chicken and waffles" I asked and she nodded.

30 minutes later she comes back with my food still steaming from the kitchen.

"Best day ever" I told them taking a bite and they laughed.

When the babies woke up or started crying a nurse would come and sooth them and feed them back to sleep, this is the life.

I'm never going home.