Chapter 4- Wtf?!

A/N Okay quickly before you start reading, I didn't know how to write in how to pronounce Deirdre's name so i'll just put it here: it's like Dare-dre or deer-drah. Okay . toodles.

~~~~

I looked around. I was in a dimly lit room with stone walls and a fire place blazing in the corner. It looked like something out of a Lord of the Rings movie; like a room in a castle. I was sitting on a plain wooden chair glancing around the room when I noticed what I was wearing. A long white dress that also looked like it had come out of those same movies. Where the hell was I?

As I became more and more confused, a woman walked into the room. She seemed to be just a bit older than me, with red hair all the way past her waist and bright green eyes that seemed almost fake. Her features reminded me somewhat of my mother. 

"Ah, Maebh, how I've missed you." the woman said in a sad voice. 

"Who...who are you?" I asked. Both this place and this woman were starting to freak me out. 

"Have you forgotten me already, friend?" she asked, laughing. It was a weird sound, almost like her voice and her laugh were music. "Deirdre. My name is Deirdre." 

I didn't recognize the name, and I wasn't sure why she thought I would. "Where are we?" I asked a little impatiently.

"We're home." she said simply, smiling. All of the sudden there was a piercing scream. It came from somewhere outside of the room we were in, wherever we were. The entire room changed. Instead of the dark, relatively quiet room we had been in before, the room was completely illuminated from the light of explosions coming in through a window on the far wall. From the window, I could hear fighting. Lots of fighting. The scream we heard returned, even louder and close than before. I turned my gaze to Deirdre and saw that she had changed too. Instead of being calm and happy as before she seemed to be in a panic. I watched as her eyes flicked rapidly across the room as if she was waiting for something or someone to pop out at any second.

“Maebh! Maebh, you must leave!” she screamed.

“What? What’s going on!” I shouted back, panicked.

“IIt’s too late here, but it is not too late yet for your friends.” She said giving me a weak smile. She walked over and placed her hands on my shoulders. “I have faith in you, my dear Maebh. I cannot tell you what’s to come, but I can tell you that you must prepare. The situations are only going to get worse. But I believe in you, Maebh. I have seen you work your magic. You are a greater warrior than you will ever know.” She said with a proud gaze. Even though I didn’t know or remember her, I felt sad that her fate seemed gloomy. I wanted to save her, and help her, but I knew it was more than not wanting harm to come across another person. I knew that I had known her in a past life. I was just starting to remember something when she spoke again. “And until we meet again, Maebh Clery, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

 ~~~

I woke with a gasp. And not like they do in movies. I gasped, and when I did I inhaled a mouthful of my sheets and started suffocating. Instead of reacting in a calm manner, I started flailing. My mind was still stuck in my dream and I couldn’t think clearly. I flailed some more, now gasping for breath, and fell back off the bed. My shoulder and back met the floor with a loud thud and I knew that it was going to leave a nice bruise.

“Fuck me.” I muttered. All of the sudden my alarm started blaring. “And fuck me again.” I growled, dreading school. The dream I had left me feeling exhausted, as if I hadn’t slept at all. I walked into my closet to pick out an outfit and decided on a strapless mint green sundress. I loved it because of the color and because it was so comfortable. I knew that it was generally on the warmer side in California for the majority of the year, but I didn’t know the weather that well, so I decided to wear my summer outfits while I still could. I left my hair down, put in a headband, and applied some light make up. Once I was satisfied that I could go out into public without melting anyone’s eyes, I grabbed my flip flops and backpack and stomped downstairs. I was still tired and therefore extremely pissy. I walked over to grab a toaster strudel from the freezer and popped it into the toaster. I was just searching the large kitchen for a plate when I realized that I needed to try to get more familiar with this house. I heard someone walk up behind me and I couldn’t help but jump from surprise.