Chapter 7- Jealousy's the Enemy

I felt Allison bump my hip as she slid into her seat next to me at lunch. 

"So  Maebh, are you coming on Saturday?" she asked, smiling at me. 

"Going where?" I asked, confused. 

"Going out with us after the game, silly." she said. "We're all going; me and Scott, Jackson and Lydia, and Stiles. You have to come too! Please Maebh?" she said, with a small plea in her voice. 

I glanced at Stiles as he walked into the lunch room. He smiled and waved over at me. 

"Yeah, " I said, turning to Allison, "I'll be there."

~~~

I was walking down the hallway, looking at a text I had just gotten from Tyler when I plowed into someone. I looked up to see that I had run into Scott and Stiles, who had been leaning up against a wall. 

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, slightly irritated. 

"Shh!" Stiles said, silencing me. "We're eavesdropping on my dad." he said, and we both waited to hear from Scott. I looked up to see Mr. Stilinski and another officer talking to the principal. 

Scott turned around. "Their issuing a curfew because of the body in the woods." he said. 

Stiles stepped back and and raised his hands quickly before dropping them back by his sides. "Unbelievable." he said, annyoed. "My dads out there looking for a rabid animal while the jerkoff that actually killed the girl is just hanging out, doing whatever he wants."

"Well you can't exactly tell your dad the truth about Derek." Scott replied. 

"Well, I can do something." Stiles said, looking down the hallway. 

"Like what?" Scott asked with disbelief in his voice. 

Stiles looked at me for a second before turning to Scott. "I can find the other half of the body." he said, as if it was obvious, and walked off. 

"Are you kidding me?" Scott shouted, incredulous. 

I turned to Scott. "Hey this might not be the best time..." I started, and Scott's head snapped towards me. 

"What, what happened?" he asked, worried. 

"Well, Lydia has been introducing Allison to people all day." I said, turning around and seeing Lydia doing just that. Lydia was introducing Allison to one of the older lacrosse players. 

When I turned around I saw Scott's notrils flare in anger. I layed a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down. 

"Scott calm down. There's more." I said. his head whipped towards me. 

"What? What else?" he said, barely containing his annoyance. 

"I think Derek was here. Allison has her jacket back." I said, and felt Scott pull away from me. "Hey!" I said, drawing his attention back to me. "Remember your heart rate, just calm down." I said, and he nodded before walking over to Allison. 

I walked away to find Stiles. I had to talk him out of his mission before the next body they found in the woods was his. 

~~~

I was laying on my bed eating some chocolate chip pancakes that Shea made when Scott called me.  Luckily, I had picked up my new phone over the past weekend so people could talk to me again. After last Friday, Scott and I had exchanged numbers in case anything wolf-like started occurring. 

"Scott, what's up?" I answered. 

"Hey Maebh, can you come over? I found out, uh, something that I need to tell you and Stiles." he said quickly.