Chapter 30- Power Trip

"Dear God." I mutter as I quickly grabbed onto the "oh shit" handle above me in Stiles's Jeep while he swerved around traffic.

"I don't know what you're so worried about. I'm a great driver." Stiles replied with mock hurt as he narrowly swerved around a car in front of him.

"I can see that." I replied sarcastically and flinched as someone honked behind us.

Scott had called to tell us that Peter had come to take his mom on a date. Peter. As in the alpha. And, as usual, Stiles and I were going to try and stop it.

"How are we supposed to know which car is his?" I asked.

"Scott said it was a black car." Stiles said shrugging. My eyes scanned the road for a black car, and I saw three of them. Wow, that description helped.

"Hey, don't you have, like, 'Spidy-Senses' that can help us with this?" Stiles asked seriously, looking over at me. I gaped back at him incredulously.

"'Spidy-Senses'? Are you serious?" I asked.

"You know what I mean." he shot back. "Just try it."

I rolled my eyes at him and concentrated. I wasn't sure how exactly I was supposed to find someone, considering my talents were currently healing other people and whispering strange words.

I remembered what Carly told me about senses and such, and tried to focus on sharpening my eyesight. I found it supisingly easy, and the entire world came into crystal clear clarity. I looked through the windows of the cars around us, and finally spotted Melissa's curly hair in the passenger seat of the black car in frontof us.

"That one." I said, pointing to the car. "What are we going to-" I started to ask Stiles, but he accelerated the Jeep and crashed into the black car in front of us. It wasn't anything too major, maybe just a scratch or dent at that, but it was so unnecessary.

"Stiles!" I shouted incredulously.

"What?" He asked innocently, getting out of the car. I could see Peter get out of the driver's side and walk over to Stiles, giving him a menacing smile. I generally wasn't scared of people, but after the other night, I was wary to get out of the Jeep.

I gave in and hopped out of the Jeep with a sigh, walking over to Stiles. He and Melissa were in some type of argument while Peter was standing off to the side, talking to himself.

"Seriously Stiles!" Melissa shouted at him, and he feigned innocence.

"You came out of nowhere!" he replied. I tuned out as I felt a sinking sensatoin in my gut; an instinct telling me that something, yet again, had gone wrong.

"Stiles." I said quietly, and when he looked at me all of his acting melted away. He walked over to me quickly, talking so only I could hear.

"What's wrong?" he asked, concerned.

"Something feels off. Scott-" I started to say, but a low voice from behind cut me off.

"Isn't here right now." Peter said, and I reluctantly turned to face him. "He has some more...important business to take of." he told me, and smiled pleasantly, but I knew it was fake. "Ah, Maebh, I amo not surprised that you were involved in this." he said, and reached a hand out to touch me, but I took a step back, running into Stiles's chest.

Peter clicked his tongue at me in disapproval. "Now, now, don't be so judgemental. After all, isn't there a whole side of yourself that you hide from everyone else?" he asked,  and I felt my eyes widen. He nodded his head victoriously and continued speaking. "I think by now you know that you have more than just an 'instinct', Maebh." he said, his eyes focused on something on the other side of the street. "I think it's best that you follow it." he finished, and walked off towards whatever he was looking at. Even though my limbs were stiff, I forced myself to turn around, and found him walking over to Mrs. McCall. Stiles took a step towards the two, but I grabbed his arm to stop him.