Chapter 18

Harry's POV:

Holly had just left and I decided to do something I'd been working on for a while. Scarlett always loved it when I sang to her. My mind flashed back to the time at the bar when I sang 'Ed Sheeran- Give me love' and asked her to be my girlfriend. That was well and truly one of my favourite moments with Scarlett. So the thought hadn't occurred that singing her a song might comfort her slightly. It had been 2 weeks since the accident and I'd been working on this song for about a week Scarlett would love it, I just know she would... I just wish she could hear it. I lifted up her hand pressing it to my lips before beginning the song. (Song at side if you haven't heard it)

"Now you were standing there right in front of me

I hold on it's getting harder to breathe

All of a sudden these lights are blinding me

I never noticed how bright they would be..."

Tears began forming but I held them back I needed to get through the song without breaking down. If Scarlett could somehow could hear what I was singing she'd understand how much I need her back.

"Seems like these days I watch you from afar

Just trying to make you understand...

I'll keep my eyes wide open

I'll keep my arms wide open

Don’t let me

Don’t let me

Don’t let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

...Don't let me

Don’t let me go

'Cause I'm tired of sleeping alone"

It was when the song finished that I broke down into tears I kept a firm grip on Scarlett's hand and rested my head on the side of her bed.

"I've never loved anyone like I love you Scar. Please never leave me Scarlett. I need you." I mumbled I just wished she could hear everything I was saying. I was about to let go of her hand when I felt a movement. Was this real? Or was I just imagining it? I know it sounds cheesy but I seriously thought it was just my imagination running wild until, I looked down to Scarlett's hand and saw that it was squeezing mine ever so slightly... That's when the tears fell, and I felt a slight ounce of happiness wash over me as the prospect of her recovery grew bigger in my head.

"Don't let me go Scarlett, ever." I sobbed and let go of her hand and rushed over to the door to call a doctor or nurse.

"Excuse me...She moved, s-she grabbed my hand." I stated questioningly as a young looking nurse walked past with a clipboard, she was maybe about 24-ish with blonde hair in a bun.

"Right, I'll come and check on her in a minute, Ok pet?" She replied smiling. I nodded in acknowledgement. She must've seen my look of worry either that or just took note of the tears dropping like rain on a window. By now the tears were falling on my already tear stained cheeks as I reached my hand up to wipe my red puffy eyes. I let out a big deep sigh before turning my body away to leave but I was called back by the nurse.

"Oh, and don't worry... this is good thing sir." She replied giving me a sympathetic smile. She quickly rushed off to another room and I went back in and sat down next to Scar. I grabbed her hand before I heard the door click and saw the nurse enter. She began to examine her and took notes of her heart rate and breathing and so on.

"Right, what happened exactly?" she questioned.

"Well... I was, I-I..."

"Don't worry I've heard it all before love, you're not going insane." she encouraged.

"I-I was singing to her." I replied looking back down to Scar. "She liked it when I sang to her, so I thought it might comfort her..." I paused as the nurse wrote more notes "I sang a song that I'd written for her..." I finished. The nurse who I had now seen to be called Deborah from her name tag gave me a brief glance before she told me to wait here.

It had now been roughly eight minutes so I walked over to the door and leaned my arm against the side waiting for Deborah to return. I saw her blonde hair from the back chatting to another nurse who had attended to Scarlett before. I caught a slight part of their conversation, me being nosy.

"...He was singing to her." Deborah said and the other nurse gave a look as if she was melting putting her hand on her heart.

"Aww that is so sweet!" the other nurse cooed.

"He was singing a song that he'd written for her!" Deborah squeaked.

"No way, oh my gosh! That is quite literally the cutest thing I've ever heard anyone do around here!" She squealed in reply.

"Right, I'm going back... I'll let you know what happens." Deborah replied.

Shit! She's coming back! I quickly slipped back to the chair, and pretended I'd never heard their conversation. Sure enough, Deborah strolled in a smile on her face with the other nurse following behind her. It surprised me that she was here and it apparently also surprised Deborah too as she wore an expression of shock and annoyance on her face.

"Hi, I'm Emily..." she stated shaking my hand confidently "We're just checking up on Scarlett, oh and don't worry sir this usually means the patient is recovering and it looks as though Scarlett is gradually getting better too" I smiled. Scarlett was getting better. My smile grew bigger and as I looked at Scar, my dimples prominently set on my cheeks. "We just have to be patient though sir, so it may still be a while yet." Emily smiled and looked towards Deborah who was smiling towards me too. The two nurses then left. And I leaned over Scarlett's lifeless body and pressed my lips to her forehead gently yet lovingly. She was getting better and that's all that mattered. I didn't care how long it took, just the thought of having Scar back with me at home snuggled up in bed when I could show her how much she meant to me.

END NOTES:

So sorry for the long wait, really I feel so bad but heres the update for you... hope you liked it remember to vote/comment/share please! - H & C x