Chapter 20

Scarlett's POV:

In my dreams it was a beautiful tragedy. The crash happened but I was with Harry. My protector. The glittering pieces of glass as if in slow motion shimmered around us as Harry held me in his arms, murmuring words to me. The crimson blood trickling around us was almost mesmerising. At that moment I couldn't think of a more perfect way to go.

"You can stop fighting now baby" Harry would whisper his hot breath blowing over me. So almost blissfully we let go, leaving the world enclosed in each other’s arms.

Then reality would hit; a small hospital bed, beeping noises, pain medication that stopped me from moving, speaking, listening and the Reoccurring nightmare of what really happened. Every day I fought though. Whenever the pain got unbearable I fought that little bit harder. The day I heard Harry for the first time since the accident he was singing. His melodic voice drifted through the room the most beautiful song leaving his lips. I knew he'd wrote it for me as soon as I heard the lyrics. I think that's when I really started to fight. No matter how much agony I was in it was nothing compared to what Harry would go through if I left him. So when I felt his warm soft lips against mine I knew I had to let him know that I hadn't given up, I was still fighting and I was coming back to him. So with what energy I had I softly clasped Harry's hand. My whole body was telling me to give up now. Stop the pain. But I knew Harry was telling me to fight. Fight for him. Fight for my family & friends. Fight for myself. So that's what I did. And as the days went by the pain medication was reduced, I fought harder, I came further and further into consciousness. And on June the 22nd at 9:05am I opened my eyes for the first time in 3 weeks...

Harry's POV:

 June 22nd. Exactly 3 weeks since the crash. I awoke to a voice I didn't think I would ever hear again. I thought I was dreaming at first. That this was some wishful dream where Scarlett had come back to me and everything was perfect. Until I heard it again.

"Thank you doctor" It sounded like Scarlett's beautiful harmonious voice but quieter. My eyes instantly flashed open to see Scar, her gorgeous eyes were peering at me with the smallest smile tugging at the corners of her lips. The feeling that overwhelmed me right then was indescribable. Scarlett was awake, my beautiful girlfriend was alive. I waited for the doctor who must have awaken her to be out of site before making my way over to the bed.

"Scarlett baby" Before she had chance to say anything else I brought my lips towards hers where after what seemed like a century she finally kissed me back. Still cautious of the tubes and wires still attached to Scar I pulled back pressing my forehead to hers.

"I love you so much beautiful. These past few weeks have been undeniably the hardest of my life. I've sat here in this room for 3 weeks never leaving your side and I wouldn't change a second of it. The thought of living without you killed me baby. The thought of not having you by my side when I wake up, not being able to hold you in my arms, not being able to kiss you, make you laugh, take care of you protect you. God I thought I’d never see those eyes or that smile again I thought I’d never get to apologise for being the reason your here..." 

That was when I couldn't hold it any longer I dropped my head onto Scarlett’s stomach bringing her hand to my lips letting the tears pour down. She fisted my curls gently I looked up to see Scarlett crying also. Shit I’d made her cry now. 

"No, no, no, shhh Scar sweetie don't cry" I climbed on to the bed bringing her head into my chest stroking her hair softly. She immediately wrapped her arms round my waist snuggling herself in closer. 

"If I thought you were the reason I was here Harry I wouldn't have fought to stay alive. Every time I thought about stopping the pain and ending it I thought of you and how I had a reason to be here. I love you so much Harry I just wish you'd understand that" 

Those words meant so much; just knowing she fought for me made me love her that little bit more. I lifted her chin upwards kissing her softly she pulled away after a few seconds to speak.

"By the way..." She whispered her hot breathe fanning over me

"Your song. It was beautiful..."

END NOTES:

Hope you liked this chapter, just to let you know as the part after Scarlett woke up is in Harry's POV for this chapter we thought it would be good to have the next chapter replay this scene but in Scarlett's POV...If that makes sense. We are so glad to see you're all enjoying this story as we had never even expected to get this many reads at all. Like literally we both started writing at a sleepover for fun and i just continued from there, so really the response from every single one of you is -per-fect (aahhhhh)... KEEP READING!! Thanks to AnayoGrzymala for your comment, it meant a lot that people acutally enjoy this story x