Chapter one

Victoria's POV

I stretched my arms out of my warm bed hearing a few bones click in the process then slowly dragged myself to the long mirror on my wardrobe. I took in my tired appearance, my hair was messy, my pale complexion looked lighter than usual and I broke out into spots. Which was great for my last day of school and work later.

I took my shower, the water burnt my skin and it ran down my body. I loved to have hot showers, I loved the hot sensation on my skin, it made me feel more awake and alive. After having my shower I done my make-up to bring more of a color to my skin. I had a nice nude lipstick on along with eyeshadow and a small flick on my eyeliner.

I dug through the mess of my wardrobe to find something that will do for the last day of school. I ended up pulling out a light peach shirt, black leggings and ankle boots. I quickly straightened my hair then sprayed some perfume and ran down the stairs to the living room to see my mum. 

I take a deep breath before walking into the room and when I walk in I see her sitting watching an episode of Jeremy Kyle with deep interest in everything that was happening.

"Mum, what do you want for breakfast?" I ask her in a soft voice, she looks up at me with only small color in her sunken in cheeks. Even though she was wasting away she still looked like a beautiful women to me.

"Go to school, love. I'm capable" She smiled at me while holding my hand.

"I just want to make sure you're looked after. That's what i'm here for, you know that" I sighed and put my free hand on top of hers.

"You're my daughter, I should be looking after you!" She laughed "Go to school, have fun with your friends and when you come back we can watch a film together" She smiled and pushed me lightly.

"I have work then i'll be home, okay? If you need anything call me and I will come straight home" I rushed my sentence because I could hear the car horn of my friends car beep from outside.

"Just go" She shook her head and laughed so I done what she said. I picked my small black backpack up then ran out of the door to the car.

*
*
*
"One more hour then we are college graduates! How does that feel?" Emma said while spinning in front of me and Carrie.

"It feels just as great as it felt to graduate high school" Carrie said while looking Emma up and down.

When Emma finally sat down on the grass she took in the sun that was beaming down on us all. I just looked around at my surroundings, its going to me the last time I see this building and the people that are in it. I loved everyone in my school, it was small so everyone loved everyone and no arguments broke out. If there was to be one it was tamed and sorted out after. I have never been in an argument, fight or heavily picked on. Of course I've had my comeuppances with bullies but the soon stopped because I show that their words have zero effect on me. Actually, I show zero effect to everyone that says something rude towards me, its something I learnt to do when I had just turned 8 years old.

*
*

*
I had all my qualifications just sitting in my bag, they were my passport to a better job than the ones I already have. I clean peoples houses for £50 then at a corner store for £80 which is cash in hand, although they come across as good pay;its not. I have to pay out for so much because my mum in incapable of working but she still gets a little bit of money from the government and I mean it when I say little bit.

But I luckily no longer had to worry about work because I had just finished and I no not return until next Wednesday which was honestly a blessing. Cleaning up other people mess is a hard and disgusting job to do. Some people are honestly so filthy, how can people live in such disgusting conditions?

I keyed into my house then picked up all the letters on the floor that were all bills which came at no surprise, its literally all we get here. 

I checked in on my mum and she was sleeping peacefully on the sofa so I decided to copy and go up to bed for a little sleep before my night cooking and looking after my mum

_______________________

a/n

its gonna get better i promise omg rip.

i hope u like this lmao

xo