Chapter seventeen

Victoria's POV

Normally I love the morning light, it's a reminder that i'm healthy and survived whatever the day before had thrown at me. But, definitely not today where the light only blinded me and left me with even worse pain in my eyes. My throat felt swollen up, my inside felt like they were about to come up, my body ached and my head was pounding.

I had no idea how much I had drunk but it felt like I had downed every drink in the entire party and the taste of smoke was fresh in my mouth.

I ground at the sound of the hoover downstairs that made its way up despite it being a huge house. It felt ten times noisier than usual. I just wanted to crawl into a ball and fall back to sleep then wake up feeling refreshed but I had to face whatever today had in store for me and I had to do it feeling and looking fresh.

Before heading downstairs I put on my jogging bottoms and jumper that I always wear when i'm just moping around the house then slowly took myself downstairs while feeling sorry for myself.

"How's your head, Victoria?" I heard Mr.Hemmings ask from behind me.

"Oh Mr-" He had stopped me.

"Last night we agreed on calling each other by our first names outside of work and by our surnames in work" He shook his head.

"I feel awful...Do you have any idea what happened?" I asked him while downing a glass of water then filling another up trying to quench my thirst.

"Oh you were just really drunk so I picked you up and took you to bed so you could rest. Barbra packed your suitcase for you, we leave in an hour" He told me and I almost dropped the glass out of shock.

"An hour? Why didn't you wake me up sooner? I have to shower and prepare!" I said waving my hands in frustration.

"One thing I've learnt is to never wake someone with a hangover up" He laughed "Get yourself ready while I sort everything important out. You can sleep on the plane, I made sure when I bought my private jet that I had comfy seats that could turn into beds installed" He added and I was again amazed at how much he has and what he is able to buy.

*
*
*
The plane ride seemed to go fast but that was probably because I slept all the way through it and didn't wake up once.

I was happy I remember what the plane looked like since I've never been in someone's private jet before.

The seats were white leather with black arm rests either side with a button on the side that soon turned the seat into a bed. There was a bar right at the end that made teas and coffees, fizzy drinks and alcoholic beverages which I was going no where near. There was TVs scattered about so you could watch something while you're on board or just do what I did and sleep.

"What lesson have you learns Victoria?" Luke teased me while I sleepily walked to the car. It feels weird being on a first name basis with him. I'm so used to calling him Mr.Hemmings that saying Luke is weird.

"Not to drink excessively" I groaned and he laughed.

There was so much noise coming from every direction and we're not even in the city yet. We thankfully weren't that far from the hotel so the driver had us there in no time.

After the drive, thankfully I felt so much better. All I really needed now was a shower and something to eat because I've slept through breakfast, lunch and it's a little late for dinner but I need to eat something.

Luke quickly checked up in then caught up with me while I waited for the lift to come down. Someone was taking our bags up for us because Luke said 'It's not my job to take them up, they're here to please not be lazy' so he hasn't left his rude attitude back in London.