Twenty-six

Victoria's POV

I had heard all the stories of what happened with Luke on his holiday with Cheska. He explained that it was a week of hell and every other bit that went on. I was completely outraged when he told me he slept with her but I let him help me understand how it wasn't anything really. 

But today was his birthday. His 31st birthday and I wanted to do something to make it special although I am limited on everything I can do for him. Wherever he is so is she. She already openly admitted she doesn't like or trust me. Well, I guess the feeling is mutual.

"Here's the present I got you baby, you can have your better one later" Cheska said as she handed over a way over the top wrapped present.

"Oh, another tie" He forcefully smiled while looking at it.

I know he has an entire collection of ties, all different colours and patterns so he definitely didn't need more. If i'm honest, I was tempted to get him one because I had no clue what to get him. What do you get a man that has everything he could possibly ever want and if he doesn't have it, has the money to buy it and buy it again.

Barbra passed him a card over and made a joke how her cleaning up for him every day is his present. We all laughed except Cheska of course, god she had no humour.  

"Happy birthday!" I cheerfully spoke while pulling him into a hug. He held me tight and I smiled into his neck. His hugs were calming to me, whenever Cheska would overwork me or yell at me the sound of his voice or a small hug would comfort me.

"Hello?" I heard her say and I awkwardly coughed as I pulled away.

I handed over his present and he opened it with a smile. I loved buying people presents but I never had the money to go overboard with them so sadly everyone more or less got the same thing from me each year.

"I'm sorry its not much...You didn't pay me this month" I said as he looked at it. It was aftershave, I was always told someone can never have too much perfume or aftershave so that's what I decided to get him.

Luke rarely pays me anymore and if he does it's in gifts. Obviously i'll get a little bit of money to buy my basic everyday bits but on pay day he either gives me his card to treat myself to whatever I wanted or i'd come home to a bed load of presents.

"Not everyone deserves pay at the end of every month" Cheska snapped and walked up to Luke "Anyway, we're throwing you a little party at the golf club...And yes Miss.Rose you're invited and so are you Barbra" She added.

"Well, Mrs.Hemmings how about you take a shower, Ethan you go get ready and me and Miss.Rose will start the breakfast" Barbra said and both Ethan and Cheska ran upstairs.

Me and Barbra walked through to the kitchen where she had already started with the breakfast. I began to set the table, I laid out all the plates then walked over to the cutlery draw.

"I didn't get to thank you did I?" I heard Luke say as he grabbed my waist.

"I hope you liked it" I smiled as I turned around to see his face.

"It was perfect" He said as he kissed me quickly.

Barbra knew and completely accepted me and Luke. Throughout Cheska being here for what felt like months, she kept telling me how she's routing for the both of us and how we will get through the devil being here.

"You're 31 now...I mean is that a grey hair?" I said while twirling a piece of hair around my finger.

"Wow, you're funny" He sarcastically laughed while running a hand through his hair that did not include one grey strand.