| 2 | Missing Red

6:00 am Your P.O.V

I woke up again to the same old sunshine and birds chirping, just like a fairy tale. I stepped out of bed and took a breath, pondering the day ahead of me. My guts tell me that I've forgotten something. I shook my head and ignored it unless I want to be broke, I should get to work.

I yawned and stretched as I walked over to a pile of clothes in the corner of the room. I had my work clothes on, and I would feel prepared if it weren't for that 'I'm forgetting something' feeling. I walked over to the small kitchen and washed my hands ready to make some breakfast. That's when I realised I was wearing bandages, old bandages. I sighed and slowly shook my head disapprovingly at myself. Of course, how could I be so stupid, that's what I forgot. Yesterday I overworked myself and got these blisters over my hands. I think it's I'll have to go over to Shirayuki again and get more of that magical ointment she makes. I laughed at myself while leaving my house and shutting the door behind me. 

'Maybe I should just bring back a whole jar,' 'it would save Shirayuki my time.' 

I should stop lying to myself about how 'It's going to be the last time I'm going to get hurt.' Getting hurt is an occupational hazard. Being a blacksmith leaves my vulnerable to numerous injuries from burns to sore knees. 

I arrived at the clinic and knocked on the door. Surprisingly there was no answer. Usually, you'd hear something like 'we're open' or a polite 'come in'. I tapped my foot. 

'She should be here by now'  I concerningly thought.  I knocked again and leaned back, waiting for her to come rushing to the door. 

Maybe she's in the forest collecting more herbs, I pondered. No, she was there yesterday she wouldn't need to go back. Then again, maybe she wanted some more or ran out again. I looked around cautiously while hovering my hand over the doorknob. I had thought about entering but pulled it back. It would be considered trespassing. I turned swiftly on my heel and headed back to my workshop.

I wrapped up my hand in unsterilised bandages; I'll go back there again later in the day when I know she'll be there. For now, these bandages will have to do. 

An hour later and Shirayuki still hasn't happily passed my workshop with a basket, where could that girl be? I set my equipment down and wiped the sweat from my forehead. I should go back and check; maybe I missed her? 

I knocked on the wooden door again, and still, there was no answer. I paced outside the Pharmacy. 

"Should I enter?' 'but that's a crime, I couldn't possibly commit a crime,' 'but she might be in trouble' I stomped my foot in frustration and gripped the doorknob, harshly I pushing the door open. I sighed once the deed was done. That wasn't so bad. 

" Hello?" I questioned aloud, but silence was the only reply. I shut the door behind me and walked through the room. It was deathly silent. Maybe she slept in? I walked into her room connected to the shop, but the bed remained untouched. I turned around and went back into the shop.

'She couldn't have run away?' I bit my lip in panic. 'She wouldn't have without telling me.' 

It's a possibility. Where else could she had possibly gone? My breathing became heavy, and my heartbeat rose. What if she had an accident in the woods! I bit my thumb in frustration, she may be skilful, but that doesn't mean she can't make mistakes. 

"Maybe she left a note," I thought about and went to the desk. Just as I had suspected, there was a small jar with a note tied around it.

'To mt dearest Y/N'

That's all the note said, and it was definitely Shirayuki's hand writing so she left on purpose. Shirayuki had run away. I scrunched the letter in my hand my teeth were grinding against each other in a harsh manner. I felt so betrayed, she left without telling me, she went without me. I turned on my heel leaving the room, but the same colour of red caught the corner of my eye.

"Shirayuki?" I said it as if she was passing my shop like any other day but what I found wasn't Shirayuki, it was something much more displeasing. Her hair, snipped off laying on the window seal. Shirayuki had cut off her hair and ran away?! The more I thought about it, the less sense it made. The bell on the door rang, signalling a customer. 

"Sorry Shiryuki isn't here today" I was looking to the ground in anger.

"look at me" Only one brat could have that voice... Prince Raji! I look up to see the one and only prince Raji with a guard by his side. He was made of muscle and incredibly intimidating. The bodyguard grabbed my shirt and lifted me up so I was hovering well above the ground.

"Tell me where the red-haired girl is," the man said in a low intimidating voice.

"I-I'm sorry, she wasn't here when I arrived this morning" I stuttered, fearing for my life. 

"useless, the little girl ran away!" Prince Raji yelled, he glared at me. "You won't do me any good either," he sighed. "You're the palaces blacksmith aren't you?" "Get back to work you, unsightly girl." The bodyguard dropped me to the ground at Prince Raji's words. I landed roughly on my knees, but I rapidly scrambled up to my feet and rushed out the door. Shirayuki wouldn't have left without reason, and it's that stupid Princes fault. 

I was working back at the workshop after having applied the ointment to my palms. I can feel it's already starting to work. I was smashing the iron angrily. Everyone walked by me with strange looks. I was unknowingly venting my anger in front of everyone, how embarrassing. I gritted my teeth and my finial work, I was only able to get 5 done. For bows and arrows that's not very good. I'll surely get scolded for this. The Palace cart arrived at my shop once again for the afternoon, I placed them down in the carriage.

"You call this a days work" The guy came stomping towards me. I knew I would get a scolding for this. He punched me in the face causing a scene. "You do realise this isn't worthy for our soldiers, you're not getting any pay tonight! I expect more tomorrow!" He yelled at me leaving me in the dirt of the Earth. I can't stay here any longer, I need to find Shirayuki even if it's the last thing I do. I have to get answers and besides. There's gotta be a better place than this for me to work. I'll leave tonight, I can't wait any longer.

~*~

Yay! That's the second chapter done, please tell me your opinion and have a great day!