| 7 | Path of Destiny

The Tavern - Your P.O.V

I couldn't possibly return to the palace after what happened just then. Once again for the second time of the day, I was laying on my bed staring at the ceiling. There was a stinging cut on my arm from where the prince had attacked with his sword. He was a strong swordsman, no doubt that he had trained very hard.

I laid still pondering on what I should do for the day. Maybe I should run some errands for Clarrisa? she has done a lot for me, I would hate to leave this place in debt to her like I am with Shirayuki. I bandaged up my arm and walked downstairs. I asked her if there was anything I could do for her. She was reluctant at first but eventually gave me a shopping list and some money. I turned on my heel leaving the tavern.

"Wait, just before you go" Clarissa held out a dress. "You can't go out in that, people who think that you work for the palace and they might feel a bit intimidated" Clarrisa held the dress up to me. It was white and flowing with a small, gold rim/belt. "This will fit you perfectly, you're the same size as my granddaughter" She pushed the dress towards me, gesturing for me to get changed before I head out. So I did what she asked and got changed into the dress, when I was back down stairs she paced a pair of white boots in front of me. I guess these go with the dress no doubt. I shook off my other shoes and placed them neatly beside the door.

"Thanks for the dress" I bowed to her and she gave me a warm smile.

"It suits your features, you can borrow any of my grand daughter's clothes at any time, I'm sure she won't mind" My eyes sparkled. There are still good people in the world. I smiled back at her and left the tavern to go shopping. I must say, I quite like the dress, I just hope I don't ruin it by the end of today. I found the fruit market and got all the food that was on the list. I bumped into and young boy my age and as soon as he looked at me he blushed.

"Y-you're really pretty m-miss" He complemented me. That's the first time a boy- no a complete stranger has called me pretty.

"Uh, thank you" I bowed and walked off. Clarissa was right, this dress does suit my features. I should wear it more often, I can be just as pretty as Shirayuki if I stay like this. I smiled feeling good about myself. I placed the ingredients down on a bench and handed change to Clarissa, this was the least I could do for her, I wish there was something more. I didn't even realise that time had gone so quickly while I was shopping. I was having fun in the town and yet I have to leave after reuniting. Clarissa made dinner and I went to sleep.

Zen's POV - After the fight

"That girl who is she?" I held my cheek that had a fresh cut on it. She's a strong sword fighter and Kiki and Mistuhide both know her. Kiki had run off in search for her but I doubt she'll have any luck.

"We met her in the woods" "her name is Y/N and she's Shirayuki's friend from Tanbarun" I was in thought at Mitsuhide's words. So obviously Shirayuki would know more about her than any of us and with skills like hers, I don't think she's an ordinary girl.

"What is she doing here in Clarines?" I walked back into the palace with Mitsuhide.

"She came in search for Shirayuki who as we know, ran away" It was starting to make sense now. She wants to see her again and make sure she's alright. That's loyalty for sure, I guess I should let Y/N see her again but I can't really trust that she'll make another move with her sword. First I'll learn more about her, Shirayuki can tell me everything I need to know, then I can send Obi to go and get her from town. Knowing him, he'll have no trouble finding her.

I found Shirayuki who was happily reading by the window seal. I sat next to her and started up a conversation.

"Hello Zen" she politely greeted me

"Hey, I ran into someone today" "her name is Y/N and it turns out that she's from Tanbarun" Shirayuki put her book down and was in deep thought. They do know each other, don't they?

"Yeah, I know her" "she's one of my clients from Tanbarun" "We're good friends" Even though they were friends she looked sad or displeased.

"Why the long face?"

"I didn't expect her to come so far for me" "more so I can't believe she left her fathers workshop!" I didn't expect Shirayuki to yell, I was startled but what was this about the workshop?

"What's so important about her father's workshop?"

"She's a blacksmith" "Y/N inherited it after her father died from an incident" "she rebuilt it and everything" "I'm mad at her for giving it away" I nodded. So Y/N isn't a threat at all, just protective. I laughed, I wonder if her father also taught her how to use a sword? That's a question I can ask her tomorrow when I see her. I went to Obi and told him that first thing tomorrow he is to go and look for Y/N. Mitsuhide and Kiki had told him that she was staying at the Twilight Tavern also what she looked like and what she wore. I can't say I'm not excited to meet her, such a strong and loyal girl.

~*~

So what do you think so far? let me know in the comments, thanks for reading!