| 30 | Last Minutes Troubles

Zen's POV
Today is the day, the day I finally get Y/N to be mine. Originally, I had planned this to be yesterday but since Mitsuhide, Kiki and Shirayuki didn't agree with that, I guess not. Apparently, they have a 'big plan' to make sure that it's going to be something worth remembering, something special. The problem is... They haven't exactly told me this plan yet so I don't know how it's going to work. I hope they made it worth the wait.

I walked down the hall in the castle alone, I've been summoned to my office by my older brother because... I have more paperwork. Y/N is with Shirayuki at the moment in the garden helping her with being a herbalist. Meanwhile, Kiki and Mitsuhide are setting up this massive plan of theirs. I sighed and continued quietly down the hall.

Your POV

I gazed up at the castle from where I was in the garden, although I had to cover my eyes to get a proper look since the sun was in my way. "You'll live in there if you have a relationship with Zen you know" Shirayuki gracefully smiled at me. "You'll carry the title of the princess too if you get married" She slightly laughed, I wonder if Shirayuki is okay with me doing this? I know she has a close relationship with Zen too, I don't want to break her heart. "Do you think you can carry the title of the princess?" She gave me serious look, I guess she isn't joking around.

I laughed and answered "I don't know if I'm ready for something like that, though. I'm not really the princess type but I guess if Zen's beside me then I can do it" I sheepishly smiled at her, she smiled back and we both went back to the garden, but the happy atmosphere soon faded away. I don't think that Shirayuki... is happy with this. I gritted my teeth, I can't believe I'm stuck in this kind of position today, I mean, aren't I meant to be happy? Zen has a special surprise for me today. Maybe it's best if I just don't think about my future right now and focus on the present. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my mind off it. I couldn't stop think about the stress that would come with the title of being a princess and with having Shirayuki being unhappy with me, not only that but I wouldn't have as much freedom as I do now, of course Shirayuki notices my mood and the thoughts I'm having. "You're worrying about what I told you aren't you?" "sorry, I shouldn't have said it"

"No, please don't be sorry Shirayuki" "I'm just over reacting about it"

"Aren't you excited to start a relationship with a prince?"

"Yeah, I guess I am" "scared but happy" Shirayuki fake smiled but I turned a blind eye. I wonder if this will ruin our friendship? Shirayuki started to panic as she looked at the sun. I suddenly got extremely confused, what's wrong?

"I'm sorry, I have to go!" Shirayuki ran off without another word, did I upset her? I continued to plant seeds in the hot sun. I should probably get some water so I don't faint from exhaustion out here. I stood up and wiped my forehead, walking to my small workshop that I haven't used in ages, once I'm in a relationship with Zen, I doubt I can be a blacksmith anymore. I'll be such a dramatic change in lifestyle, I'm not sure if I want to do it anymore.

Shirayuki POV

I looked up at the sun and realised the time.

Oh crap! How could I forget!

I jumped up from where I was crouching. Mitsuhide, Kiki and I were meant to start the special plan for Zen and Y/N! I left Y/N in utter confusion, I hope she doesn't think that she upset me.

As I ran I was thinking about the conversation I was having with Y/N, it wasn't a good one, I think I made her second guess her love for Zen. She still hasn't come to terms with what will happen if she truly does become a member of the royalty. I'm not angry with her or jealous... well I'm trying not to be. I still have feelings for Zen and I can't make them go away but I guess I'm going to have to push them aside for the sake of my friend right now.