Chapter 2 ~ Imprisoned

Despite all that was happening, for one reason or another, Kaos went semi-willingly. He kept shouting and ranting about how the Skylanders were total idiots, but other than that, Kaos did nothing to try and resist. He didn’t even bang on the ice that made up his temporary prison. As the others hauled the Dark Portal Master, prison and all, out into the hallway, Stealth and Mammagma lingered behind.

“What are you doing, Shade?” Stealth inquired, leaning against the wall beside Shade, “Enjoy watching your old master getting hauled away… yet again?”

Shade turned towards her, his eyes which were usually hidden in the shadows cast by the brim of his fedora were now glowing a sickening red.

“I’d say something’s up. Why would he come here alone? With no one else? No troll. No drow. No back up. Not even that butler of his, Glumshanks. This is completely, one-hundred percent, a trap. And we fell for it.”

Mammagma looked towards Shade grimmly. They both had their own dark paths, and understood each other fairly well.

“I’ll tell them to increase the number of guards posted tonight.”

Stealth nodded slightly, “I’ll personally keep an eye on the tiny tyrant. I just hope whatever Kaos has up his sleeve this time… we’ll be ready to handle.”

Shoria reached the prison and went inside, grabbing the microphone that sent announcements over the speakers in the actual jail cells. Shoria stood in what looked like a waiting room, just without any chairs. Only a front desk where the microphone had been propped up. The walls of the room shimmered and shone with a faint, magical light. Their crystalline surfaces as smooth as an ice rink. Traptanium. The entire vault was made out of the stuff. It was what kept the villains under wraps.

“Listen up, villains. You are going to have a new inmate. Kaos.” Shoria began, speaking into the mic. Her voice magically amplified.

Shoria could hear Golden Queen shouting from her cell in the back of the prison all the way to the front, and stifled back a wave of laughter.

“As rules go,” She continued, ignoring Golden Queen’s frantic wailing, “all prisoners must bunk with another inmate. Kaos’ bunkmate will be Golden Queen.”

Again, she could hear Golden Queen’s screams, but now they were even louder. Reverberating around the entire prison complex.

“Please treat your new inmate with respect, as with all the inmates. Thank you.”

As the microphone turned off, Shoria finally let out her laughter. A volley of short, high-pitched giggles. She plopped the mic down back on the desk’s surface and motioned for Eruptor to head on in with Kaos. Kaos was held firmly in Eruptor’s grasp, each of Eruptor’s hands pinning one of Kaos’ arms to his side. Kaos hunched his shoulders, knowing if he moved even a muscle, Eruptor would be more than happy to scorch him until the skin on his arms was as black as the skin around his eyes. Eruptor escorted Kaos into the ‘waiting room’ and down the hallway, until finally coming to Golden Queen’s cell. Shoria unlocked the door and held it open.

“In ya go, shorty!” Eruptor snarled, shoving Kaos into the cell forcefully, then slamming the door shut behind him.

Kaos hit the ground on his hands and knees as the door swung shut loudly. Disgruntled, Kaos got to his feet and brushed his robes off, looking around the Traptanium prison.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are, you little golden maggot.” Kaos hissed violently.

Golden Queen, once hearing the awful news, had ducked under the bed, though the lower part of her legs were sticking out from underneath the cold metal frame of the bed. Kaos noticed this poor hiding job and smirked.