Chapter __ ~ The Shifty Deal

Ms. Shift's eyes slowly began to open, the terrain around her blurry and melted, the colors swirling together into one muddied mess her mind was desperately trying to process. Groaning, she raised her head, propping herself up on her forearms as the ringing in her ears began to fade, the image around her beginning to clear. She found herself in a large, dark cavern.

"Finally awake?"

Ms. Shift turned her gaze towards the corner of the cavern to see the hooded figure from before, watching her with unblinking eyes, at least it seemed like they were unblinking. It was impossible to tell from the shadows cast by her hood.

Ms. Shift slowly rose up. "Alright. I'm actually starting to get pissed off here."

"I get pissed off all the time," the figure replied.

"Well, you did capture me. I have all the right to be." Ms. Shift then morphed into a princess, feigning a 'damsel in distress' look, her voice dripping with the typical ditzy tone. "Oh, save me, my knight!"

The figure shook her head, already vexed by this 'all-powerful' being standing before her. With a flick of the figure's wrist, Ms. Shift groaned as she was forced back into her normal form, a look of shock spreading across her face. That being had... forced her back. She hadn't done that willingly.

"You like what I can do?" The figure taunted.

"Not really." Ms. Shift frowned, turning into a teacher. "And for that, you will be sent to the principal's office!"

On that note, Ms. Shift breathed a plume of fire, the white hot flames cascading towards the figure. Before they could reach, though, the figure lifted her hand and directed the fire back towards Ms. Shift. She threw her hands to protect the flames billowing around her, and once they cleared, all that was left in her place was a cooked turkey. After a few seconds, her head emerged from the bird's neck.

"You know, for one of the most powerful beings in the universe, this is quite embarrassing."

Kaos slowly made his way back, glancing behind him every so often, trying his best to hide his new tail from the others prying eyes. A sense of awkwardness washed over him the moment he left the empty room he had been in and rejoined the people on deck. He knew if they saw the tail, they would immediately assume the worst. That was how these things worked after all. Not even he knew exactly why he had sprouted this new - extremely uncomfortable - appendage, but he assumed it had something to do with consuming Shakai's magic. It was the most likely explanation.

"Hey, Shoria! I'm back!" Kaos called, trying his best to force a chipper smile onto his face.

Behind him, his tail swished back and forth, finally wrapping around his leg as he got close to where he had been previously standing and becoming still. Aside from the unpleasant feeling it brought, Kaos had begun to get fed up with how much it moved. It was like it had a mind of its own, making it EXTREMELY difficult to hide from the others, as well as just a nuisance to deal with, especially since it was practically half as long as he was tall, if not more. Shoria smiled brightly as she waved back at Kaos, although her expression turned to one of concern as he got closer.

"Are you okay? You seem sort of in pain there. I don't want you to be hurt..." She paused, "especially not now, with our current dilemma and all."

Shoria's eyes flashed with worry when she noticed Kaos' robes bulged slightly on his left leg. Luckily for Kaos, she had looked away just as the tail decided it would be a good idea to snake out of its hiding a tad bit before curling back around his leg again. Kaos groaned slightly, finally admitting to himself that this plan of hiding it may not be working as well as he had wanted.