•~°A/N°~•

Alternatively titled: Why it's taking me so damn long to update this thing-

Hello single person reading this. Scrape here, with a long awaited update of this long forgotten book.
No, I'm not coming here to tell you that I'm discontinuing Second Leaf. I'm also not here to garantee that I'll be instating a regular update schedule like I used to have. I'm simply here to explain a few things.

I started writing this book in a very dark point in my life. I used it as an escape, poured all of my angst and hatred into the characters I played. It was one of the first full fledged roleplays I was ever part of that included more than just two people, and it also offered a ray of sunshine through the darkness I felt more often than not. As much as I loved the journeys and adventures we all went on, working on the book started to become more of a chore than something I was actually excited to do.
I started writing it to remember a friend I thought I had lost, @kindred- , when she got banned from the site we started it on. An homage almost, to keep the fun going, since at the time we had no other way of talking to one another other than through that site. Of course, I was absolutely overjoyed when she was able to come back. But since I had started the book, the roleplay seemed like a bit more of a chore than something actually enjoyable that we simply did for fun. Not to mention the plotholes we had looked over coming back to bite us in the asses as I moved the adventures from roleplay to novel format. Needless to say, it became a bit of an ordeal.
I'm getting off track, that's not really why I started dwindling off of working on this project. Yeah, it was stressful at moments, but I liked it a lot better than what was going on in my real life. But like I said, I used Second Leaf as an escape. There's so much negativity tied to it in my head that once I started to get my situation sorted out a little better, I just couldn't bring myself to work on it. I know it sounds stupid, and it probably is, but that's just my thought process. Every time I went to sit down and write, I just thought of everything I went through, and I just didn't want to write anymore. And forcing myself to do it was just very, very... uncomfortable, to say the least.
Where was I going with this?
Oh yeah. Just basically explaining why I've been having such a hard time updating this book.
Of course, I'm not stopping Second Leaf, I've poured too much heart and soul into this, and so have my friends Erin, Lucarian and Quinn. I wouldn't want to let them down.

Just know, things may be a little slow with updates. Not that I wasn't already. X3
Just know I'm working on another update as we speak, and am looking for someone to edit the chapters I've already written.
Gods. It's been over four years since I started this.
Man does time fly.

Anyway, that's about all for now. Thank you for reading this far.
Scrape, out.
Have a tol boyo